• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls to Charleston 81-69 to fall to 0-3 in the CAA (story)

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That's called being a successful mid major, and I've been saying that for a while. Your'e a farm system. Look at JMU football, VCU hoops, UNCW (not Moss and current regime, but with Cheatin' Keatts and Brownell), NDSU football. Yes we aren't at their level but they continue the success with the next young hungry coach.  The lame excuse of "who else would want to coach there/who would we even get?"  That's bullshit, we aren't a 1-31 program playing in the towson center, or a program in the middle of bum-fuck. If you think that people wouldn't come to Towson now, what do you think of the "messiah" Skerry, when he walked into that mess?  Crazy right?

I disagree. We all want them to win. If they go on a 22-0 run and make the NCAA's, I'd be happy to eat my words and would be the first on line to buy tickets to the NCAA's. Shit give Pat another a year or two. The problem is we have scene little to no progress for 5+ years now. Everything is the same, and moral among fans is low.

Come on don't live in the past. We have a 35.7% winning percentage this year.!🤣

TUTigers2012, you’re absolutely spot on about your “who would want to coach here” thoughts. I’d be happy to be a lily pad for a coach to move onto a bigger program, after making us a success. If that means we were used, than in the immortal lyrics of Bill Withers “I want to spread the news that if it feels this good getting used, you just keep on using me until you use me up.” 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

TUTigers2012, you’re absolutely spot on about your “who would want to coach here” thoughts. I’d be happy to be a lily pad for a coach to move onto a bigger program, after making us a success. If that means we were used, than in the immortal lyrics of Bill Withers “I want to spread the news that if it feels this good getting used, you just keep on using me until you use me up.” 

I'd much rather be a springboard than giving 8 year long extensions to a coach with a .500 career record, that isn't being poached by bigger programs...

-Decent academics on both ends of the spectrum CHECK

-Growing school both enrollment and buildings CHECK

-Nice/decent area to live/raise a family CHECK

-Newer arena CHECK

-Pays competitively CHECK

-East coast city, 3 hours from NYC and Richmond with Philly DC and NJ sandwiched in between for recruiting CHECK

-Currently no other local teams to compete with CHECK (Not counting the twerps)

-Close enough for most players families to come to a good amount of games CHECK

-Decent conference that should allow for opportunity to make dance and play as a 12-14 seed CHECK

-No long bus rides in conference CHECK

-No real job pressure except from 10-15 posters on TowsonFans.com CHECK

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blazer49 said:

I wasn't criticizing you I was just making my opinion on the next three based on how this team has played recently.  I know you were speaking in general terms but please do not include me in the "everyone" as I have not spoken or mentioned the last 2+ years.  I'm sure I am like others who visit the site often in that I read the post but always hesitate to respond or post because I do not want my opinions to be ripped or responded with sarcasm.   Being grouped with some on here that you can basically predict their responses reaffirms my hesitations.

Don't take anything personal from Mat. He comes at everyone but he is overall harmless.  Welcome. lol

The Skerry regime has brought us a number of good players, but rarely those who can lead. PG’s are usually your leaders, and he’s been abominable at recruiting them. His best PG was 6-8 and had a cup of coffee in the league. His juco PGs have been a failure. Without a good leader (PG), we’ll continue to underachieve. We’re just 5 guys on the court, not a TEAM. He’s either not recruiting the right guys and/or not coaching them. I must admit that for all his struggles, Gibson at least has the look of potential. 

20 minutes ago, FLXballer said:

The Skerry regime has brought us a number of good players, but rarely those who can lead. PG’s are usually your leaders, and he’s been abominable at recruiting them. His best PG was 6-8 and had a cup of coffee in the league. His juco PGs have been a failure. Without a good leader (PG), we’ll continue to underachieve. We’re just 5 guys on the court, not a TEAM. He’s either not recruiting the right guys and/or not coaching them. I must admit that for all his struggles, Gibson at least has the look of potential. 

This is all true

not sure what is more depressing... the current state of this program or that it won’t get better for atleast 8 more years. No end in sight 

20 minutes ago, FLXballer said:

This is all true

not sure what is more depressing... the current state of this program or that it won’t get better for atleast 8 more years. No end in sight