• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls to Charleston 81-69 to fall to 0-3 in the CAA (story)

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

Bay Area Tiger, if I were piling on, I’d point out that since 12/20/27, a span of 68 games, we are 24 W’s vs 44 L’s. I would further point out that in his last 68 games, PK, (when the CAA still had ODU, JMU, GMU & Georgia State as members) was 17-51. Thus, Skerry’s record the last 2+ seasons is marginally better than the dumpster fire coach who he took over from.

I would also point out we’ve lost 8 conference games in a row.

That's the only number that matters. Everything else is piling on after every game. Who cares what they were six years ago or two years ago? They have lost eight straight conference games. Five straight last season and three this year.

I beg to differ. 68 games is not a small sample size, and it’s relevant to compare where we are now to where we were when we were at the abyss. 

Its incredible to me that anyone would say who cares where they were 2 years ago. It’s relevant to assess what direction the program is going. Otherwise, why keep records? 

Edited by TSU88

4 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

Did Skerry really mention "guard and rebound" after the game AGAIN?  You had 5 assists, Pat.  How clueless are you?  Will you ever focus or comment on 3 point shooting and getting assists?  

He’s pretty fucking clueless.  How about have your players and the ball move on offense?!

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Bay Area Tiger, if I were piling on, I’d point out that since 12/20/27, a span of 68 games, we are 24 W’s vs 44 L’s. I would further point out that in his last 68 games, PK, (when the CAA still had ODU, JMU, GMU & Georgia State as members) was 17-51. Thus, Skerry’s record the last 2+ seasons is marginally better than the dumpster fire coach who he took over from.

I would also point out we’ve lost 8 conference games in a row.

Come on 88. 22-44 over 66. Those d3/naia games aka “the skerry specials” don’t count

Let’s take a break from how much we suck and how shitty of a coach pat skerry is... 4 of our last 13 wins are against Tulane and and umbc. How bad must those teams be?!

2-7 career caa tournament record. Atrocious 

After tonight's poor ball movement we are now averaging 10.5 assists/game, placing us 330th in D1, just ahead of NJIT, St. Francis and Central Conn State....

• Confused 1

It might be fortunate we didn’t play Coppin & Loyola this year. Which begs the question why we can’t get a guy like Kostelac at Loyola. All he does is score 20ppg, even though he doesn’t pass the eye test and doesn’t crash the boards. And I don’t want to hear he plays in the Patriot League. By my way of thinking, we’d be better off with some Patriot League type players. You know, guys with high basketball IQ’s who can shoot. God forbid we get such players

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It might be fortunate we didn’t play Coppin & Loyola this year. Which begs the question why we can’t get a guy like Kostelac at Loyola. All he does is score 20ppg, even though he doesn’t pass the eye test and doesn’t crash the boards. And I don’t want to hear he plays in the Patriot League. By my way of thinking, we’d be better off with some Patriot League type players. You know, guys with high basketball IQ’s who can shoot. God forbid we get such players

So true.  Or the guy that WM brought in...Or Lyles, that UMBC brought in a few years ago.  Why are guards (especially PGs) always an after thought w/ Skerry.  Last year after having nothing we desperately signed Gibson, late.  They had to do the same thing with Brian Starr (another whiff he was)......

I Suppose it’s a which came 1st argument, the chicken or the egg, In other words, is the reason Gibson dribbles too much & jacks up too many bad shots because he has a bad supporting cast around him, or because maybe he’s just another in a long line of mediocre Skerry PG’s. Half a season isn’t enough to make a final conclusion, but I have a feeling the elusive search for a quality PG under Skerry goes on, and no one in next years recruiting class will bring the search to an end