• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB drops the Dragons 89-73 (story)

8 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

First half was the best half of the season.  It certainly helped that the shots were dropping from the outside but we took smart shots, we moved the ball on offense and were getting layups and stuff at the rim, and we actually pushed the pace.  I found myself yelling at the TV after rebounds to 'GOOOOO' and beat Drexel down the court.  These guys are athletes and they look like they really wanted to run so let's not hold them back.  Tonight, it worked really well.  Betrand is looking so much better with his shot and you can see that his confidence has grown over the last month.  He and Fobbs could be a real dynamic duo the rest of the way.  

Betrand and Fobbs. This is the way. 

but seriously we live and die this year by how these to play. If they play well, and everyone else plays good defense and moves the ball on offense, this team can get out of the bottom of the CAA. 

8 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

First half was the best half of the season.  It certainly helped that the shots were dropping from the outside but we took smart shots, we moved the ball on offense and were getting layups and stuff at the rim, and we actually pushed the pace.  I found myself yelling at the TV after rebounds to 'GOOOOO' and beat Drexel down the court.  These guys are athletes and they look like they really wanted to run so let's not hold them back.  Tonight, it worked really well.  Betrand is looking so much better with his shot and you can see that his confidence has grown over the last month.  He and Fobbs could be a real dynamic duo the rest of the way.  

We will go as far as those two can take us. Can I donate my right hand to Brian??!! Seriously even on open layups he goes "backhanded" with his left. It's crazy. He was making them last night, still just very odd how reluctant he is to use his right hand.

Drexel is still Drexel and haven't won a road game in almost a year. They took care of business. Now lets bring the same energy on Saturday!

5 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

We will go as far as those two can take us. Can I donate my right hand to Brian??!! Seriously even on open layups he goes "backhanded" with his left. It's crazy. He was making them last night, still just very odd how reluctant he is to use his right hand.

Drexel is still Drexel and haven't won a road game in almost a year. They took care of business. Now lets bring the same energy on Saturday!

Fobbs drives me crazy but at least he goes right and dribbles with his right hand. He just doesn’t finish with it. John Davis used the same spin move in the post hundreds of times and shot left handed. He never used his right hand but most couldn’t stop it. It’s a little different on drives and I’ve seen him brick a few layups. I’ve also seen him finish with the right hand in practice but doesn’t do it in games. Betrand finished nicely with the left hand last night. Southpaws are gonna southpaw.

Loved our pace last night as other have mentioned.  Could this finally be a philosophy change or was it just the game plan for Drexel?  I hope seeing the results of getting these guys moving open some eyes as to how the team should play moving forward.

17 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Loved our pace last night as other have mentioned.  Could this finally be a philosophy change or was it just the game plan for Drexel?  I hope seeing the results of getting these guys moving open some eyes as to how the team should play moving forward.

Hopefully it is. But, you need to make them miss and get rebounds in order to push tempo. Its much easier getting out and running when at home.  Delaware plays 6 guys, so we should try and out again and get them into some foul trouble.

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Fobbs drives me crazy but at least he goes right and dribbles with his right hand. He just doesn’t finish with it. John Davis used the same spin move in the post hundreds of times and shot left handed. He never used his right hand but most couldn’t stop it. It’s a little different on drives and I’ve seen him brick a few layups. I’ve also seen him finish with the right hand in practice but doesn’t do it in games. Betrand finished nicely with the left hand last night. Southpaws are gonna southpaw.

Yeah, How angry must coaches have been with their players guarding JD. Scouting reports had to have been, "Right Shoulder Right Shoulder Right Shoulder. Don't fall for the spin to the paint!" Every-time he got his shot off.

Brian's just odd in that he wont use his right hand for a layup at all. Watch a lot of hoops and its very very rare.

52 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Drexel forced the pace by pressing. We got a few layups off of that. We’ll run some off of rebounds but that’s it. It’s not like we get a lot of steals and then push in transition much.

"Southpaws are gonna southpaw" is a hilarious comment !, and seems to be true.  I didnt really see Zane Martin like you guys, but seems like he had the same ("i'll save my Right for the hand-shake line") type game.  Great win (and cover!!!!) but id imagine Delaware will be a bit closer.  Record looks good, but they didnt play who we played.  I'd be curious if anyone saw/has any idea if their 8pt loss to Villanova was really a close game or not????    fingas crossed for a winner-winner, bluehen dinner