• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
sr16

TIGERS @ W&M

As soon as we lose the next one, we know what will happen.

But enjoy the run. Fobbs is the key. You aren't going to get 21 every night from Gibson. But Fobbs had single digits points against Hofstra and Northeastern and 12 against Charleston. When he scores 15 or more points, we're 8-2. It's really as simple as that. Fobbs was in a rut and the team relies on him to score 16ppg. When he didn't do that, nobody else save for Betrand could pick him up.

guilty...meant to say the backcrt is young . i've been high on Gibson, AB...and yeah,  i still think T'Lake will get there .     but sure- not shocked to see YOU jumped on that ! lol .  "SkerryBall" clean the backboards" AGAIN....    lets get 7 !!!!!

Edited by TTiger2024

11 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

But enjoy the run. Fobbs is the key. You aren't going to get 21 every night from Gibson. But Fobbs had single digits points against Hofstra and Northeastern and 12 against Charleston. When he scores 15 or more points, we're 8-2. It's really as simple as that. Fobbs was in a rut and the team relies on him to score 16ppg. When he didn't do that, nobody else save for Betrand could pick him up.

Read other teams message boards. It’s the same everywhere. It’s not losing it’s how you lose. The Hofstra and Charleston games were bad.   The ne game we played like shit from the start. Something that shouldn’t happen at home.  

12 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

guilty...meant to say the backcrt is young . i've been high on Gibson, AB...and yeah,  i still think T'Lake will get there .     but sure- not shocked to see YOU jumped on that ! lol .  "SkerryBall" clean the backboards" AGAIN....    lets get 7 !!!!!

That fact that they aren’t “young” meaning their better players and not playing well to start was a reason of concern from us Debbie downers. 

We really aren’t cleaning the glass like in the past but making shots allows us to not have to gather so many misses!

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Read other teams message boards. It’s the same everywhere. It’s not losing it’s how you lose. The Hofstra and Charleston games were bad.   The ne game we played like shit from the start. Something that shouldn’t happen at home.  

Nobody doubts that, but all three games were against really good teams. And I don't think most other message boards calls people to wear bags to games unless their teams are winless, but that's fine. They deserved most of the criticism, but I think some people go overboard and yes, now they deserve credit where credit is due. Not me for not calling for everybody's job, but the team.

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Nobody doubts that, but all three games were against really good teams. And I don't think most other message boards calls people to wear bags to games unless their teams are winless, but that's fine. They deserved most of the criticism, but I think some people go overboard and yes, now they deserve credit where credit is due. Not me for not calling for everybody's job, but the team.

Nothing wrong, in year what 10? With an experienced team to expect to not get blown out whistle to whistle at home and blow a 12 point second half lead at home to conference foes. 

They were solid teams. This isn’t final 4 vcu or 25-9 Drexel or odu with Gerald Lee and Kent bazemore. 

I’ll give them all the credit. And it’s on them to now deal with the success and not let it effect them negatively 

21 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Nothing wrong, in year what 10? With an experienced team to expect to not get blown out whistle to whistle at home and blow a 12 point second half lead at home to conference foes. 

They were solid teams. This isn’t final 4 vcu or 25-9 Drexel or odu with Gerald Lee and Kent bazemore. 

I’ll give them all the credit. And it’s on them to now deal with the success and not let it effect them negatively 

Ok, sure. Nobody knew that Northeastern was going to blow two games in a row to Drexel and UNCW and well, nobody has looked great in the league. So while no excuse to lose those games, if Fobbs has any kind of normal game, we're winning at least one of those games, if not two. That's not all coaching. He was in a deep slump and still hasn't been nearly as consistent with his shot as he was last year.

Is Skerry a great coach now after winning six straight, but was a terrible coach after 0-3? They are making shots. It's as simple as that. They were getting pretty good looks, esp. in those home games. They pretty much always rebounded and defended. Save for allowing Buie to go for 35.

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Winning cures all ills.  This isn’t rocket science or brain surgery; we’re hitting shots during this winning streak; we weren’t hitting shots during the losing streak.

I’m coming around to thinking we’re capable of beating all 3 of the teams that we lost to to start the conference season.  Will we? Time will tell.  Meanwhile, I’m going to enjoy the 6-game winning streak and hope for a big crowd Thursday when we go for 7 in a row.  

Will there be criticism on here next time  we lose? Probably.  Dizzying highs and depressing lows-such is the fate of the passionate fan. Me, I’m more than happy to eat crow.  For now, let’s enjoy the ride. 

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Winning cures all ills.  This isn’t rocket science or brain surgery; we’re hitting shots during this winning streak; we weren’t hitting shots during the losing streak.

I’m coming around to thinking we’re capable of beating all 3 of the teams that we lost to to start the conference season.  Will we? Time will tell.  Meanwhile, I’m going to enjoy the 6-game winning streak and hope for a big crowd Thursday when we go for 7 in a row.  

Will there be criticism on here next time  we lose? Probably.  Dizzying highs and depressing lows-such is the fate of the passionate fan. Me, I’m more than happy to eat crow.  For now, let’s enjoy the ride. 

It does.  Tim you got the student athletes out during break to the one game. Can you do it for the next two? Can you get the regular Students too?!

W&M had 1100 students at the game today. They also had a nice promotion, where their HC pledged a donation of $5 per student to cancer research. 

Now, with the momentum we’ve got, and our students back on campus (I believe spring semester starts this Monday) why can’t we get 500 students on Thursday night? Frankly, I’d like to see 1,000 students, but I’d settle for 500. If we can’t get a big turnout Thursday (and Saturday, assuming we win Thursday) I for one will be sorely disappointed