• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019-20 MBB Analysis

Unfortunately, TU2012, I agree with you about Victor. I fervently hope he makes me eat my words, but I see his ceiling at around 8ppg, give or take. And who’s coaching him up in his sit out season? Is anyone on this staff versed at coaching bigs. 

And your right about Mims. Who knows what we’re getting. Could be anywhere from 5ppg to 15ppg.

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

A grad Transfer to being leadership would help. We need an alpha leader and scorer who says follow me and isn’t scared to take and make the big shot. Closest we ever had was mike. 

So another of my (many) issues with this coach...In 9 years, how many truly impactful freshman (who’ve stayed) has he recruited? I say 1-Mike Morsell. Davis was a nice player, but not a huge impact player. Guessing he averaged about 10ppg in his 4 years. 

12 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Unfortunately, TU2012, I agree with you about Victor. I fervently hope he makes me eat my words, but I see his ceiling at around 8ppg, give or take. And who’s coaching him up in his sit out season? Is anyone on this staff versed at coaching bigs. 

And your right about Mims. Who knows what we’re getting. Could be anywhere from 5ppg to 15ppg.

Clark is. (Atleast he was back in the day). He works with the sit out players. Did a good job with burwell and Benimon 

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

So another of my (many) issues with this coach...In 9 years, how many truly impactful freshman (who’ve stayed) has he recruited? I say 1-Mike Morsell. Davis was a nice player, but not a huge impact player. Guessing he averaged about 10ppg in his 4 years. 

Mike morsell. Eddie Keith. Alex Thomas. TJ. That’s the entire list of 4 year Towson players under skerry.   

4 years at one school is tough now with transfers. But that’s it. 4.  Gibson was our first all rookie team since ?? Troy Franklin?  If it wasn’t him it was timmy c. How long ago was that?! The player who made him into that, graduated went to Europe played for 5 years. Then played 5 + years in the nba and now is back as a grad student manager..

Seriously, how can you say Victor is a scrub offensively when he played 5 minutes per game at USC? If he was great, why would he transfer? He transferred because he got no time and sure, maybe he just wasn't good enough to play in the Pac-12. This ain't the Pac-12. The additional 10 pounds or so can't hurt. I'm not saying he's Shaq, but he's a little better on offense than you think after watching him in practice. Even if his ceiling is 8ppg that's pretty much what Sanders gave you. I think Sanders was slightly better on offense, but was a poor finisher. On defense, he could be special just by standing there and has the agility to switch out on screens. Mims is more of an unkown for me. I think he has a good shot, but would like to see how he fits in practice next season. 

As for a stretch four, that guy was supposed to be Gray. He had a strong freshman season and San Diego and has never repeated that. My assumption is that they'll go back to him at the 4 with Victor at the 5, unless they start both brothers and that point, who the hell knows what we're getting aside from size and some athletic ability. Dennis just got worse offensively for whatever reason. He showed potential that junior season but struggled big-time this season.

16 of 42 from the line.  Not saying he’s a scrub but I don’t expect anything better than tunstall with him offensively. I’d be happy if he took up space and made drives difficult for opponents. 

I’m glad you brought up the extra weight. We love players gaining weight and muscle in the offseason. Yeah they need to be fit but what point does it hurt their game? You can be jacked as all hell but you either have the skill to play or your don’t.  Mid major hoops is about coaching and players who can play not off size and strength.

Shit Towson and jmu are all airport teams and it means squat 

5 minutes ago, tualum said:

If someone doesn't step up and be the next "Fobbs" from here on out we're screwed....

A 16 point a game scorer who shoots above average and grabs 5+ boards while guarding other teams best 1-3/4 players?!  EASY. trust in skerry! Lol

Good grief-at least I’m hoping Victor is equivalent in scoring to Sanders. But if TU2012 is right, & he’s Tunstall on offense, we’re really in trouble. 

Of course 2012 was adamant that Elon wouldn’t beat W&M yesterday 😆

Edited by TSU88

Amazing analysis Matt.  You go above and beyond..  much appreciated. 

USC has been getting all the best talent in the West the past 2 seasons.  They will be a Pac 12 power next season.  This kid Victor is gonna be a serviceable big for us and replace what Sanders gave us.. bet that. 

Add an assistant PS...  bring more analytics aka Geek ball to the conference.
Kyle Smith & Todd Golden have made it really work out here in San Francisco. 

And finally spend some $ and bring in a better non conference opponent for SECU. 

New Arena and who has come into town!?

Ok back to the WCC final...  if only Towson were a Morman school then we could play guys who are 23 & 24 years old!!!

Edited by Bay Area Tiger