• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

FB routs URI, 29-10 in finale

Really proud of the way these guys finished out the season. Next year is starting to look real good. I think we finally have some positive momentum back. 

• Like 1

Again, not going to go too crazy but there are some similarities with 2011 to 2018. The offensive line and most of the team was young in 2010. We don't have a T-West or a Grant Enders in 2018 though Stover has some of those attributes that Enders has. Need to get that big back to compliment Shane, Kobe and Jaelen Thompson.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I see your point, to a point. Whether they like it or not, all HC’s are accountable, with the ultimate barometer being W’s & L’s. I simply rhetorically ponder whether given that Mahalak was coming off an injury from last season, whether it might have been prudent to bring in another QB as a potential alternative to handing the keys to a RS freshman.

Well, in any event, this season is now in the rear view mirror & the off-season is officially upon us. Given that the early signing date has been bumped up to 12/20, I suspect the off-season will soon begin in earnest, if it hasn’t already begun 

Remember, they are limited to 63 scholarships. You have Mahalak, two freshmen QBs who redshirted, Knudson was brought in as a QB (that was the mistake). I don't blame them for not bringing in another QB, even though Mahalak had injury concerns. They thought Stover could do the job and they were wrong. Ultimately, it hurt the team in the present but may help them in the future. I'm still not sold on the kid (he turned down press conference for some reason) but four passing TDs is the most we've had some Enders in 2012. That's impressive and does show some growth. He needs a passing camp or something to work on his touch. 

Good finish to the year...now my favorite part of the season begins - recruiting. Getting student-athletes to sign because they want to play, be students, and meeting parents looking for a good place for their child to learn. The level of student this staff brings in is consistently higher than it ever was (when I got here "cheating doesn't count if you don't get caught" was a thing), and it's pretty awesome. Of course winning matters on this board, and I'd like to see it happen, but really, at Towson, it doesn't matter all that much to me. 

nice ending to the season over the fellow cellar dwellers of the caa.  Again, we have heard this all before "spring board to the future. stepping stone to next year."  I'll believe it when i see it.  But expectations for next year are another 4-6 win season at best.,