• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB beats La Salle, 67-60 (story up)

http://towsontigers.com/news/2017/12/1/mens-basketball-sinks-la-salle-behind-strong-second-half.aspx

Towson meets Manhattan on Saturday at 12pmET in the final on CBS Sports TV. Good D in the second half. Zane Martin led the way with 20 points on 7-of-16 shooting, while Mike Morsell added 17 points on 7-of-14. But the biggest shot came with a little over 1:00 left on a Brian Starr 3-pointer with one second on the shotclock. Starr had 9pts, 4 assists, 2 steals and just one turnover. La Salle was 7-of-14 from 3-point range in the first half, but the game was tied at 33-33. After that, they made two 3's in the second half.

Good win against a team that just beat Temple at home. Also, I'll be chatting on Saturday at 12pm so join me if you can since game is on TV.

We probably win by more if we don’t take so many bad threes. They played really well when the game was the close but we have to play team ball all the time. We played a well coached team, you can tell by how they played. Really enjoyed watching this win. I left work early to catch it.

Great win, caught the last 10 minutes. Shot by Starr was clutch, rebounding in the last 10 min was all Towson. D Mormon walked w 3 minutes left up 3. Hung in there. 

7 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

We probably win by more if we don’t take so many bad threes. They played really well when the game was the close but we have to play team ball all the time. We played a well coached team, you can tell by how they played. Really enjoyed watching this win. I left work early to catch it.

Yes, 4 of 15 from 3-pt. Mike and Zane launched a few bad ones, but they also had some wide open 3s that they should have made. 

Keep pressing these 3 point shooters and the legs slowly tire out. Great to finally see clutch foul shooting. Great games by Starr & Zane, solid contributions from Morman, Keith & Alex Thomas. On to the Jaspers!

Great win against a good opponent with 2 really good players. Once again, I think our depth took its toll against a team in LaSalle that’s not deep. Our 2 marquee guys showed up, with some clutch contributions from the supporting cast, particularly Starr. This W should be a nice bump for our RPI, given that LaSalle’s RPI was better than ours coming into the game. 

On to Manhattan, who was one of the teams in the Gulf Coast tournament, though we didn’t play them down there.

Interesting stat-B.J. Johnson, LaSalle’s big scorer, shot 5-21 from the field. He hit his 1st 2 shots, as I recall, meaning he shot 3-19 he rest of the contest. He did finish with 24 points, due to going 12-14 from the foul line. But holding him to 25% from the field partly has to be attributed to our D.

Edited by TSU88