• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Buffalo thread

Good game for CT. Maybe we just go big with him and Victor to help him on the boards. Not giving up on Victor, because the CAA doesn't have many quality bigs. Betram is 6-11, 242. Looks even bigger. He just dominated our bigs all night.

74-65 final. Terrible effort in the first half on both ends. Improved in the second half, but still awful on the boards. Better off the ball movement and passing in the second half. None of that matters if you don't rebound, but it's early. I can complain and critique without saying the season is over.

Charles with a good game and at least Zane is back to form in back to back games. Need a consistent presence along with him. Missing Tunstall for sure. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

3 for 19 from beyond the arc. 

I was afraid to look at the box score. Many of those were contested or thrown up late when were trying to come back and the legs looked gone. I assume Nick went something like 0 for 5 and Gibson was what, 1 for 6?

Just now, sr16 said:

Charles with a good game and at least Zane is back to form in back to back games. Need a consistent presence along with him. Missing Tunstall for sure. 

Yes, I think Victor will be ok, depending on the matchup. He's gotten abused by Huff and the Buffalo center Bertran. Both around 6-11, 250. Not going to see a lot of those guys in CAA. 

Fortunately, Maryland doesn't have Jalen Smith up front. They do have 7-2 Chol Marial, who plays about 15 minutes. But their guards, especially Ayala and Morsell, are very good.

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

0-10 Nick & Gibson 

Cam made no attempts.  

Yeah, that's bad. Cam didn't take any threes and took two bad shots in the first half. He never played in the second half. But there was no reason to wear out Gibson, who was 1 for 9 in 26 minutes. He also doesn't set people up enough and basically Zane is playing top scorer and top distributor. Nick was 1 for 9 and 0-4 3pt. Gibby was 1-for-9 and 0-7 3pt. 

The rebounding stats are the most misleading I've ever seen. Only -3. But we gave up 19 offensive rebounds and we somehow had 17. We probably had at least four on one possession. 

Mims needs to play more minutes. We have athletes. That team was too athletic for us, esp. Gibson. Too physical for Victor and Gray, who did have five rebounds, but no offensive rebounds.