mat1992

Last scholarship

Towson has 12 for next season

PG Prophete, Dottin

SG Zane, Ingram, Betrand

SF McNeill, Drayton

PF Gorham, Solomon U.

C Sanders, Thomas, Tunstall

I was thinking combo forward. A scorer from the 3 spot but apparently we are looking at another point guard. Ricky Torres, a 6-3 point guard from Pinnellas Park, Fla., , is a juco from Missouri State University-West Plains. You can never have too many point guards though.

I think it’ll be a PG. otherwise, you’re turning the keys to the car over to a sophomore who barely played his freshman year (Prophete) and a freshman who has never played a college game. (Dottin). Got to admit, I’m not sure if Prophete meaningfully fits in long term. He was a prolific scorer in HS, but who knows. Maybe he’ll take a quantum leap between his freshman & sophomore seasons. 

This Torres kid has impressive numbers-18 ppg, 8 assists per game, & a good shooting %. Also looks like he has a number of other schools interested in him.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Towson has 12 for next season

PG Prophete, Dottin

SG Zane, Ingram, Betrand

SF McNeill, Drayton

PF Gorham, Solomon U.

C Sanders, Thomas, Tunstall

I was thinking combo forward. A scorer from the 3 spot but apparently we are looking at another point guard. Ricky Torres, a 6-3 point guard from Pinnellas Park, Fla., , is a juco from Missouri State University-West Plains. You can never have too many point guards though.

Question: Is Sanders predicted 2B that good that he moves up past Thomas & Tunstall?! In that case, we're pretty well set w a promising front court!

Watching Oakland play MIchigan State and they've looked great early in the 2nd half. Very athletic.

As for Sanders, not saying he's Benimon but he'll rebound and defense. Alex just defends. Doesn't really do much else. We need him to play 20-25mpg this year. Next year, he won't play as much, save for against guys like Knight from W&M. Sanders is 6-8, 245 so he has the size we need. Tunstall's problem is that he'll never be 245 or 235. If he can just get up to 230, he can play more minutes. Even 225. He's a situational player right now that can block shots and play on the top of the press.

On 12/16/2017 at 11:46 AM, TSU88 said:

I think it’ll be a PG. otherwise, you’re turning the keys to the car over to a sophomore who barely played his freshman year (Prophete) and a freshman who has never played a college game. (Dottin). Got to admit, I’m not sure if Prophete meaningfully fits in long term. He was a prolific scorer in HS, but who knows. Maybe he’ll take a quantum leap between his freshman & sophomore seasons. 

This Torres kid has impressive numbers-18 ppg, 8 assists per game, & a good shooting %. Also looks like he has a number of other schools interested in him.

Need to be more patient with the freshmen (Prophete).  Let's not forget that this time last year Zane was not doing much and I think he's turned out pretty well in his sophomore season.

34 minutes ago, BK_Brian said:

Need to be more patient with the freshmen (Prophete).  Let's not forget that this time last year Zane was not doing much and I think he's turned out pretty well in his sophomore season.

Fully agree here.  I think one of Skerry's best attributes is getting his younger guys developed both physically and basketball skills in a short period.  Whether its a transfer during their sitting out (Bennimon), a RS Frehman sitting (McNeil/ Tunstall) out or a true freshman playing minimal minutes (Zane).

The difference between Prophete and Martin or Prophete and other freshmen was that they played minutes in their first seasons. He's not even in the rotation right now and that's worrisome for the future. As bad as Martin looked at times, you know he looked the part. Morsell didn't play much in his freshman season until later in conference play. We literally have no backup point guard behind Starr. This was the perfect chance for him to play-if he could.

Jeff has a lot of work to do on his jumper and just about everything in his game. What he does have is good size for a point guard and decent vision but I don't see much else right now. I saw the potential that Zane had if he would just stop turning it over. Not sure I see that in Prophete yet. Maybe next season he puts it all together. Make sense to find at least one if not two more point guards or combo guards.

By adding a juco, it shows that you aren't putting the ball in the hands of an untested freshman or a sophomore who played sparingly in his first season. I certainly don't want to see Jordan with the rock in his hands next season as starting point guard but that's what could happen unless somebody else shows they can do the job on both ends.