• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

Maybe when we get close to tournament time we can find out which first game opponent is staying where in DC.  Crank call their rooms late at night.  
Call the hotel dietician and change up their meal requests etc.  

I don't think it is quite that simple. I certainly don't mean to imply that if Cam gets healthy (and gets a better mask) and Terry Nolan Jr. comes back that we will roll through everyone and win this conference. I know it could never be that easy. However, the point is we were playing at higher level earlier this year. Part of that is because we were playing teams that were not as familiar with us, and conference play is a different animal. They mostly all know Skerry Ball inside and out, even if it is a little different this year. The other big reason is Holden was healthy and did not have one of the craziest masks I have ever seen, and Nolan Jr. was playing regularly and helping lead the way. 

I know it is what it is, but the only reason I think it has to continually be brought up is we still have games left for Nolan Jr. to play and Holden will get his clear mask and hopefully that can play even. What that means, I don't know any more than the rest of you. Every team has injuries and weird situations and you have to get through them, but Towson is the team we follow and know about. There is potential to get closer to the way we were playing earlier in the year. However, more important is continuing to find ways to win tight games and trying to make sure that we try avoid awful shooting nights like the Northeastern and Drexel games if we can.

Statistically there isn't much different between Cam without mask (15.1 ppg, 6.7 rp, 2.5 apg, .423 FG pct, Ft pct. .683) and with mask (13.5 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.5 apg and .479 FG pct, .738 pct) other than a dip in rebound, field goal percentage and free throw percentage which makes sense. Nolan Jr.'s shooting numbers don't make much of a difference other than the fact that he gives us another scoring option, but his assist-to-turnover ratio (one of the best in the nation) and overall feel for the game are important.

If we can have Nolan Jr. we will be better, if we can't we need to win with the guys who are playing (which is possible). I just bring it up constantly because it is a factor and it can still change. If I heard tomorrow he was out for the season, I would drop it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

I know we all like to think if we had all our guys healthy we would steamroll everyone in the conference but the reality is we won’t have all our guys full strength. It happens, injuries, mysterious illnesses, etc  gotta play with the cards you’re dealt with. This team does have some team of destiny vibes but i think we do need a little bit of good luck to win the caa tourney

lol what?  We are a good team but let’s be serious they wouldn’t “steamroll” the conference.  
When we are on shooting wise, we are tough to beat because of the defense and rebounding. This year we have had more good shooting nights than duds like in the past.

Everyone has had injuries. Us complaining about them is laughable when we have benefited a lot this season from other teams players (and coaches) missing games 

8 minutes ago, sr16 said:

Something like 6 reg season games left. 1 game behind first. Its ours

1.5 but if we were to beat them next week and finish the season tied.. we should have the tiebreaker if hoftsra finishes 3rd

Talking about looking ahead for UNCW and I'll assume nobody wants to play an afternoon game on a Monday (not even a holiday). Up by four with 50 secs left in overtime.

awful ending.  Wm couldn’t win 5-8 today.  4 point game with 55 seconds left. An and 1 for Uncw off of a miss that doesn’t touch rim. Home cooking as they reset the shot clock. Review and uphold it.  Absolute garbage.