• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB thread 2021-22

7 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Call me crazy but considering his current trajectory and his work ethic.. CT strikes me as a G League guy who gets to the NBA from there.  Yea I understand only 6’7” but I think he’s gonna continue to transform his game next couple of seasons and find a spot in the league.  Hard work beats talent and I just sense this is the Towson player who lands in the NBA eventually.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Call me crazy but considering his current trajectory and his work ethic.. CT strikes me as a G League guy who gets to the NBA from there.  Yea I understand only 6’7” but I think he’s gonna continue to transform his game next couple of seasons and find a spot in the league.  Hard work beats talent and I just sense this is the Towson player who lands in the NBA eventually.  

He’s an overseas player. He can’t score at that height against legit big guys and needs a perimeter game.

35 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

He’s an overseas player. He can’t score at that height against legit big guys and needs a perimeter game.

He’s not leaving after the season.  Plenty of time to work on that part of his game. 
Is he that much different from Malik Rose?

If he hadn’t made so much progress and didn’t have this incredible work ethic then yeah overseas makes sense but I think he has the skill set to find a spot in the league.  Because of a family friend who is playing I’ve been watching all the G League games and I think CT would be better off playing in that league and continuing to work on his game to get to the NBA.  My opinion is all.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he makes it.  Lots to work on but if a guy like Juan Toscano-Anderson can find a spot surely CT can as well.  

58 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

He’s not leaving after the season.  Plenty of time to work on that part of his game. 

If he hadn’t made so much progress and didn’t have this incredible work ethic then yeah overseas makes sense but I think he has the skill set to find a spot in the league.  Because of a family friend who is playing I’ve been watching all the G League games and I think CT would be better off playing in that league and continuing to work on his game to get to the NBA.  My opinion is all.  I wouldn’t be shocked if he makes it.  Lots to work on but if a guy like Juan Toscano-Anderson can find a spot surely CT can as well.  

He can’t shoot, those guys are dinosaurs in today’s NBA. Mat is right about his overseas comment. He’ll make a nice living over there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Malik Rose was a generation ago or two. The game is much different and he was a better player.

Benimon was a great college player, but he barely sniffed the nba.

47 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Malik Rose was a generation ago or two. The game is much different and he was a better player.

Benimon was a great college player, but he barely sniffed the nba.

Makes sense however I think he surprises us all.  Lets bet a lunch down the line as I’ll be seeing you at NCAA tournament venues as we run off 4-5 appearances in a row!!!  😉

What if CT develops a 3 point shot   Could have another Georges Niang on our hands?

8 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Makes sense however I think he surprises us all.  Lets bet a lunch down the line as I’ll be seeing you at NCAA tournament venues as we run off 4-5 appearances in a row!!!  😉

What if CT develops a 3 point shot   Could have another Georges Niang on our hands?

I know its after 12 on the west coast, but you've started the happy hour far too early

• Haha 1