• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Navy preview

Just now, sr16 said:

Agreed, important to run it. I would take a NIT appearance, is that sad?? Would we collectively take an NIT berth? lol

Winning the caa regular season title and losing in the conf tournament . 

https://navysports.com/news/2021/12/20/mens-basketball-navy-to-face-in-state-opponent-towson-wednesday-in-pre-league-finale.aspx

hope we can get this one in with no Covid stops. Every library in Baltimore sold out of Covid tests by 10am this morning. A big wave of omicron is coming. I have a few friends who tested positive in the past couple days

45 minutes ago, Blounge said:

https://navysports.com/news/2021/12/20/mens-basketball-navy-to-face-in-state-opponent-towson-wednesday-in-pre-league-finale.aspx

hope we can get this one in with no Covid stops. Every library in Baltimore sold out of Covid tests by 10am this morning. A big wave of omicron is coming. I have a few friends who tested positive in the past couple days

I’m not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Select last night. Seriously (and sadly), we have to reconcile ourselves to the strong likelihood that before this season is over we will have games postponed or canceled. Also, I wonder if we’ll be playing in empty arenas again? Truth be told, I’m extremely hesitant to be at a large indoor gathering, sitting in close proximity to folks I don’t know 

There's a 100% chance we will have a game or multiple games ppd in the CAA. Hopefully, there is a new rule that teams do not have to forfeit, because this new strain is incredibly contagious. I had to work from home this week due to four people testing positive in my office. I hate working from home but have done that on three separate occasions for at least a week-to-a-month in 2021 due to my own issues. Covid is no joke. I just got my booster shot yesterday, waiting in line for an hour with an appt. But I had it in March of 2020 and early this fall. Was a lot worse the second time after I was double vaxxed. Wasn't going to many places without a mask other than work and my gym. Maybe grocery store, but now putting a mask on and will this afternoon. Everyone is getting it from Gov. Hogan to Johnny O. so it doesn't care who you are, who you vote for, what race or ethnicity you are. Be careful.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/basketball/bs-sp-college-basketball-coronavirus-20211221-fcghy7ngznfsfe6cjszceqq75i-story.html

Just look at life or the sports world. I get notifications for every NBA player that is out or college games or key players out. It's by the dozens. Should they be out a long time with no symptoms or mild symptoms? That's for another thread and another board, but yes, it's going to happen to us at some point, but hopefully not the case where we lose weeks worth of games and practices.

5 hours ago, mat1992 said:

There's a 100% chance we will have a game or multiple games ppd in the CAA. Hopefully, there is a new rule that teams do not have to forfeit, because this new strain is incredibly contagious. I had to work from home this week due to four people testing positive in my office. I hate working from home but have done that on three separate occasions for at least a week-to-a-month in 2021 due to my own issues. Covid is no joke. I just got my booster shot yesterday, waiting in line for an hour with an appt. But I had it in March of 2020 and early this fall. Was a lot worse the second time after I was double vaxxed. Wasn't going to many places without a mask other than work and my gym. Maybe grocery store, but now putting a mask on and will this afternoon. Everyone is getting it from Gov. Hogan to Johnny O. so it doesn't care who you are, who you vote for, what race or ethnicity you are. Be careful.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/basketball/bs-sp-college-basketball-coronavirus-20211221-fcghy7ngznfsfe6cjszceqq75i-story.html

Just look at life or the sports world. I get notifications for every NBA player that is out or college games or key players out. It's by the dozens. Should they be out a long time with no symptoms or mild symptoms? That's for another thread and another board, but yes, it's going to happen to us at some point, but hopefully not the case where we lose weeks worth of games and practices.

Sorry to hear.   Stay vigilant.  I lost an Aunt to Covid and had a few coworkers get “death bed” sick from it.  We haven’t ever stopped masks rules here in San Francisco and hopefully 🙏 it will pay off in the long run.