• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerone94

Travis Ingram

Some guy with VirginiaPreps.com is claiming on Twitter that Travis is transferring from Towson and all he'll say is that its from a very reliable source.  Say it ain't so.  Anyone on here able to shoot down that claim?

Capture.JPG

Yeah, kind of saw that coming. He didn't make the Elon/Charleston trip and it wasn't due to injry. That stinks because I thought he had great potential with that type of athleticism. But the future was a bit cloudy with Betrand coming in and Zane playing the same position for the next two years. I would have preferred a combo guard who can play some point. Now, Skerry will have two ships to find one. 

It's obviously true because he re-tweeted what Hatfield just mentioned. 

You realize if PS uses this ship for next season (as opposed to using it on a transfer, who would sit out next season) we’ll have 7 new players next year: the 3 incoming freshman; Drayton, Sanders & the 2 existing scholarships

Yes, that would be called a transition season or rebuilding year if we win big. I would think he goes the transfer route for one of the ships. Maybe both if he adds a juco who can play right away. He doesn't want five new freshmen players with Martin, Gorham, Thomas, Tunstall, Prophete and McNeill as only experienced players returning and Prophete never plays. Then you have Drayton and Sanders who at least practiced with the team. So yes, probably one transfer to sit out and another freshman/juco combo guard/point guard to play right away. If one of the freshmen is not ready (the first 3 are physically mature), he can redshirt but then we'll only have 11 players on ship and that's a major gamble if you lose guys to injuries., academics, suspension, etc. Hell, now we're down to 10 ships because of the Ingram transfer and one player isn't being used. So depth is still decent but if one guy goes down, we are effed. 

PG Prophete, Dottin
SG Martin, Betrand
SF McNeill, Drayton
PF Gorham, Solomon O.
C Sanders, Thomas, Tunstall

14 minutes ago, BradTU said:

Well that sucks. Has he already left the program? 

Not loving that lineup either. 

You mean next year's lineup? The frontcourt will be much better but backcourt a big question. Just adding Sanders to the mix allows Gorham to play his more natural position at PF. Point guard play is shaky to say the least but that's a huge unknown even if they sign another PG. McNeill would be serviceable at the 3 but not a great choice. Zane might have to score 25ppg.

I think next years team can be better than this years squad, IF we get competent point guard play. I look at it like this-we’ll be better up front next season with Sanders, Gorham & Solomon (the 6’8 3 star recruit). We’ll return our leading scorer in ZM, we’ll be adding another Philly kid in Betrand & hopefully will get some decent outside shooting from McNeil & Drayton (hopefully made more effective by an improved inside scoring threat).  Add in whoever PS brings in with the 2 remaining ships, & I think we’re better than this year. What are we losing in point production after this year? About 35 ppg or so, between MM, Starr, EK & Morman. That’s not insignificant, but our rebounding & inside scoring should be better next season.

I notice you didn’t reference Starr as a big loss. Not to minimize his contributions, but we need better PG play. I still think that will be the X factor next year. That’s been an Achilles heel during the PS era. Hairston didn’t pan out, Hawkins didn’t pan out....Whatever happened to Hairston? Obviously Hawkins transferred, but I recall googling Hairston once & couldn’t find any info on him

Hairston was kicked off the team. Starr may be a loss, may not be. Depends on how good Dottin is. And whether Starr continues to play this poorly.