• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB outlasts Delaware 69-62

https://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=368294

Cam Holden scored 19 points, grabbed seven boards and had six steals, while Nicolas Timberlake added 18 points on 3-of-3 from the three-point line to lead Towson over Delaware 69-62 on Monday night from the Bob Carpenter Center. 

This was a nip-and-tuck affair where the Tigers led about 2/3 of the game and took an 11-point lead with 14:25 left on a jumper from Timberlake. But the Blue Hens would crawl back thanks to two straight 3-pointers and a layup from Ebby Asamoah. But the resilient Tigers got to the foul line and made enough baskets, while clamping down defensively down the stretch. They also did it without guard Terry Nolan who played just seven minutes due to "breathing issues." 

Charles Thompson also had a big game with 15 points, nine boards and two blocks on 7-of-10 shooting. He also held Delaware leading scorer Dylan Painter to just 11 points on 3-of-6 shooting.

After being outrebounded the last two games, the Tigers were +6 on the boards tonight. These teams will meet again on Thursday at SECU Arena.

Skerry after the game online:
"Really proud of our guys. Hard-fought win against a talented and well-coached basketball team.  Charles and Nick really responded. Jason's defense was really good. Cam Holden? He's driving the bus home as well. Thought Charles did a good job on Painter. We guarded threes well. (They made just five)

On next game against Delaware
We'll take tomorrow off and do some treatments. Hopefully, we can figure it out

On Nolan
Terry.... something happened again...breathing (issues). Hoping to get Radhir back. Still trying to piece it together. It's been a little bit funky. We'll get it figured out.

This felt like the Elon game and the Northeastern game, when Nolan went out early and when Gibson was out. It becomes a funky game when Timberlake plays 37 minutes, Gibson plays 35, Thompson plays 3. At least they got Cam (34) a little less minutes than normal and Rizzuto played just 23 (3pt, 1-5). Juwan Gray had the most impactful 23 minutes and four points you'll ever see. He was all over the place. Drew a charge that was called a block (don't get me started on the officiating). I thought Jameer Nelson Jr. got a lot of his hands on a strip. Played very good defense and that's why he was playing at the end over Rizzuto.

Had 15 turnovers and 8 assists and still won because we hit the boards. 

And then there's Cam. Only two critiques. Turnovers are going to happen, but he probably should limit his 3 point attempts until the mask comes off. He was 0-3 tonight. Fantastic job at the line (9-10). He went 0-3 in his last game and missed his first FT tonight. Then proceeded to make his next 9. Four turnovers. A couple of shaky passes, but nothing could be worse than Nick's pass at the end of the game when Delaware not to foul him and he threw this crazy crosscourt pass to Gibson, but Allen easily stole it. We were so fortunate they didn't take advantage as Allen wound up later taking a contested 3. 

Also need to handle late-game situations better. There's a zillion things I could get into in terms of playing the clock, which is fine, but need better shots. 

Finally and most importantly, hope that Terry is ok. He probably shouldn't play until they figure out what's wrong.

Just watching the replay now, but a good bounce back W. Obviously, the well-being of Nolan & Hicks is paramount, but if 1 or both are out for an extended time, we’ve got to hope Gill can step up. I think the loss of Nolan’s scoring can be compensated for, but not so sure about his 4+ assists per game

Edited by TSU88

27 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Just watching the replay now, but a good bounce back W. Obviously, the well-being of Nolan & Hicks is paramount, but if 1 or both are out for an extended time, we’ve got to hope Gill can step up. I think the loss of Nolan’s scoring can be compensated for, but not so sure about his 4+ assists per game

Huge win.   15-6!   I just want to express my best to Nolan & Hicks..  basketball aside..  I just want these guys healthy whether they play or not   

Grind it out win.  Some very ugly points throughout.  Good defense and effort on the boards. Delaware is good and probably the best win we have on the year 

that pass by nick at the end was beyond awful

• Like 1