• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

Hofstra debacle

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Great post.  Surprised some are criticizing skerry  here. He and rob are off limits.  And someone sticking up for mike??!!  Welcome. Most everyone here dislikes him. My god he needs to be on the court especially at the end. He is clutch.

just like rob, skerry has taken this team far but i just don’t know if we ever will take the next step 

Right, Rob has only taken a beating from you. And about 10 others. Deservedly so the last few years by the way. Pat deserves criticism for this loss and not getting us past a certain point. As for Mike, he's been god-awful but he did deserve to be at the end of games against Elon and Hofstra. I don't remember Morman or McNeill making a lot of clutch shots in the past.

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

That's the way to be optimistic. Tribe shot 8-of-26 against JMU from 3-pt range shot they'll probably shoot 18 of 26. But seriously, they don't defend. We should put up 80 on them but might give up 85.

And they still won.. 

Hofstra plays no defense either and we scored 30 in a half against them at home   Truth hurts, we may not win a road game outside of bus day trip all year

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

And they still won.. 

Hofstra plays no defense either and we scored 30 in a half against them at home   Truth hurts, we may not win a road game outside of bus day trip all year

The truth is, we lost to Elon, Oakland, Pitt and Charleston on the road. Three good teams and one bad ACC team. And won two tournaments that were not bus trips. But the truth hurts. I don't think this is a great team or the most talented team in the league. But I would be disappointed if they are not top 4 in the league at the end.

I haven’t railed against any specific player tonight, expect for the horrific last shot by Starr. Having said that, Morman has regressed substantially this year on offense. His shot is awful (body parts flying in all different directions). Good D or not, he’s hurting us & I would significantly reduce his PT.

As for Morsell, his confidence seems so fragile that I wonder if benching him doesn’t put him in a deeper funk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Great post.  Surprised some are criticizing skerry  here. He and rob are off limits.  And someone sticking up for mike??!!  Welcome. Most everyone here dislikes him. My god he needs to be on the court especially at the end. He is clutch.

just like rob, skerry has taken this team far but i just don’t know if we ever will take the next step 

Morsell absolutely has to be on the floor in those final seconds.  I didn't even realize that he wasn't in the game in the last 12 minutes.  But his last act was a total BS call -- he got nailed for a charge which was not even close to being a charge.  Had it been called correctly, that's an 'and 1' and we go up at least by 7 pending the free throw.  But regardless of good call or bad call, your senior leader cannot lead if he's sitting on the pine for the last 12 minutes of a close game.

The other lineup issue that needs to be resolved is that unless there's foul issues, you cannot sit Zane and Starr at the same time because Keith and McNeill as your primary ballhandlers is a recipe for disaster.  They're not point guards nor should they be put in that position.  This of course goes to the dilemma we have of who belongs in what position.  It's too bad Prophete hasn't shown any sort of progress to get on the floor because even 5-8 minutes of him at the point would be helpful.

As bad as Morman can be offensively, he is making his free throws. And we need his defense even though it wasn't great tonight. We can't bench everybody. But he's much better when we press and when we trap. That's when he can get steals and transition baskets.

4 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Morsell absolutely has to be on the floor in those final seconds.  I didn't even realize that he wasn't in the game in the last 12 minutes.  But his last act was a total BS call -- he got nailed for a charge which was not even close to being a charge.  Had it been called correctly, that's an 'and 1' and we go up at least by 7 pending the free throw.  But regardless of good call or bad call, your senior leader cannot lead if he's sitting on the pine for the last 12 minutes of a close game.

The other lineup issue that needs to be resolved is that unless there's foul issues, you cannot sit Zane and Starr at the same time because Keith and McNeill as your primary ballhandlers is a recipe for disaster.  They're not point guards nor should they be put in that position.  This of course goes to the dilemma we have of who belongs in what position.  It's too bad Prophete hasn't shown any sort of progress to get on the floor because even 5-8 minutes of him at the point would be helpful.

Hmm. The worst ballhandling lineup is Jordan with Martin and Morman. Keith is like having another point guard on the floor and he's a good passer. Martin was horrible tonight with the ball with five turnovers. Keith at least played point guard last season. Bottom line, is that we're f-cked when Starr comes out of the game.

Prophete can’t get on the floor & Ingram, who could have subbed in as a PG, quit because he decided he’s Russell Westbrook & thus wasn’t getting enough minutes. Morman can’t shoot, Morsell’s confidence level is who knows where, McNeil missed on his open looks tonight, ZM is prone to TO’s & Starr’s shooting runs hot & cold.  Practically no production from Thomas, Gorham looks good offensively, but hasn’t done much on the boards the last 2 games. 

I don’t drink, but after tonight I might start. 

It would be nice if Prophete could get some run or at least showed he was ready. I assume he's not ready. Thomas was bad tonight after playing so well against Brantley. We DESPERATELY need him to step up on Saturday against Knight. I'm guessing Justin is not going to be able to handle him without help.

10 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I haven’t railed against any specific player tonight, expect for the horrific last shot by Starr. Having said that, Morman has regressed substantially this year on offense. His shot is awful (body parts flying in all different directions). Good D or not, he’s hurting us & I would significantly reduce his PT.

As for Morsell, his confidence seems so fragile that I wonder if benching him doesn’t put him in a deeper funk.

Morsell's and the TEAM's confidence, you see them hanging their heads or not running back on D, or just some things where you wanna be like come on guys.. You want to motivate them but the coach needs to put a spark under them, Turning point game this weekend.