• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Elon Preview

Very little confidence about a W, however, it's interesting that when you look at the Game Notes, the quarterback position has a change. Last week, Piggy was the starter and Smith was the backup. But this week it's listed as Pigrome or Nathan Kent or Scott Smith.

Also, guys jump on the chat this week at 2pm. No secrets this week that I know of (last week we talked about $$$ and new addition to stadium at the half). But I'm attending basketball practice at 11am and probably won't have time to write it up a hoops update, so you can get some inside info on the Chat before I write it up.

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

https://static.caasports.com/custompages/2022 CAAFB Press Box/Teleconferences/10_3/10-3 TOW_Ambrose.mp3

kinda interesting he mentions that coaches getting a new job within the conference results in a quicker turnaround. Is he alluding to the idea that he’s cool with taking an offer somewhere else in the CAA?

I didn’t get that vibe but if another CAA school offered him a head coaching job and he didn’t want to go back to being an FBS assistant, then I guess it’s possible but not likely 

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

https://static.caasports.com/custompages/2022 CAAFB Press Box/Teleconferences/10_3/10-3 TOW_Ambrose.mp3

kinda interesting he mentions that coaches getting a new job within the conference results in a quicker turnaround. Is he alluding to the idea that he’s cool with taking an offer somewhere else in the CAA?

I think most on here will help drive him to wherever that next destination May be. Including Orono!

joking aside who in the caa would take him? Maybe one of the newbie schools? Albany maybe too cause then he would reunited with baby brother. Nepotism can run wild in the Empire State!😅

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I think most on here will help drive him to wherever that next destination May be. Including Orono!

joking aside who in the caa would take him? Maybe one of the newbie schools? Albany maybe too cause then he would reunited with baby brother. Nepotism can run wild in the Empire State!😅

I would think it’s extraordinary unlikely another CAA school would hire him as HC. OTOH, I would assume he’d have little difficulty snagging an assistant’s gig at an FCS or FBS school. Let’s get through our season and see if he even has to look for a new job. I know all the arguments in favor of concluding he won’t be back here next season, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Never say never 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I would think it’s extraordinary unlikely another CAA school would hire him as HC. OTOH, I would assume he’d have little difficulty snagging an assistant’s gig at an FCS or FBS school. Let’s get through our season and see if he even has to look for a new job. I know all the arguments in favor of concluding he won’t be back here next season, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Never say never 

Maybe Jared advocates for him at Albany 

2 minutes ago, TUTigers said:

Maybe Jared advocates for him at Albany 

I have no clue what Albany’s record is, but, if they’re going to be looking for a new HC after this season, wouldn’t that also likely mean their current assistants would be canned too? Besides, what university president is going to be wowed by RA’s record since the championship run? 2013 was a million years ago 

• Like 1