• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Why no CAA televised games?

Perhaps this has been addressed before, & I just don’t remember, but why aren’t any CAA games on TV? As a Comcast subscriber I recall in past seasons that several of our games were televised, with John Feinstein doing color.  I’m surprised a conference ranked in the top third of conferences nationally doesn’t have a TV deal.

Yeah, I don't know if you blame the new commish because the league got dropped by CSN (now NBC Sports). I guess they didn't want to pay enough to be on? I'm sure it wasn't much of a money-making venture for them. But it really sucks that there are conference games only on digital. I'd have to ask TL that because the CAA was on TV going back to the 80s on HTS. 

Found out a little more tonight at the game. So the new commish apparently, since he's from the Big East, wanted a bigger TV deal. The bigger, more national networks said no. He turned CSN down originally and by the time he went back to them, it was too late. They made their schedule out. What a complete disaster along with the schedule as a whole this season, it seems like the people that didn't like Yeager would love to have him back now.

...as I was saying.  Heard it long ago in Richmond and jmu boards during summer and football season.  He’s in charge and dropped the ball. 

Shame really cause I for one like to watch other caa games and it makes it much more difficult

I assume if the Commish returns, he will have a new contract with CSN/NBC. The other way to go is to buy a ROKU/Smart TV. They are cheap and the CAA apps are fine. Only problem for me is I like to flip back and forth and can't really do that on ROKU. You can but it's not quite as smooth.

And to be honest, tv is where more exposure will happen, because regardless it will be on the CAA.tv. Also the production level for the CAA.tv is still nowhere near tv quality. What a terrible first year blunder for the new commish... Top mid major teams cant even get an ESPN3 deal while UMBC can 

Blunder is an apt description. One of the factors kids being recruited look at is whether they’re going to be on tv. Not to mention that being on tv is an opportunity to grow our brand/footprint in an effort to get more people to come out & watch the games that aren’t televised. 

• Like 1

You were able to watch Winthrop(!) on ESPNU last nite.  Ridiculous. 

Another place this league fails is the scheduling.  With 5 pairs of teams that are relatively close (NE-Hofstra, Drexel-UD, us-JMU, Elon-W&M, UNCW-CofC), what’s wrong with having road buddies and exchanging games on a weekend like the Pac 12 and Ivy League does?  It’s dumb to play home last nite and all the way down at UNCW tomorrow. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

You were able to watch Winthrop(!) on ESPNU last nite.  Ridiculous. 

Another place this league fails is the scheduling.  With 5 pairs of teams that are relatively close (NE-Hofstra, Drexel-UD, us-JMU, Elon-W&M, UNCW-CofC), what’s wrong with having road buddies and exchanging games on a weekend like the Pac 12 and Ivy League does?  It’s dumb to play home last nite and all the way down at UNCW tomorrow. 

This begins next year.  5 years worth to start