• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Northern Iowa preview

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If mr positivity is negative, you know it’s bad.
Uni is a 2-7 now 3-7 team with a bunch of first and second year players.  Our team is full of seniors and older and got taken to the woodshed again by an inferior opponent albeit much more skilled (like navy and  Clemson)

I’m selling the Towson stock now!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Injuries will be the excuse. But there are 3/4 players on this team who aren’t mid major players.  Low major or d2 at best 

how many more seasons are we stuck with skerry??

Well, he got that brilliantly conceived 8 year extension during the de ja vu 2107 season. If they tore the existing contract up at that time that would mean the current contract would expire after the 2025-26 season 

3 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I’m afraid it’s penny stock at this point 

• Haha 2

That was Pat’s first technical in 8 years. 
Not guarding and fouling too much. 
Cam missed practices this week.. sick.  
No execution and defense lost its way.  
Pat taking the blame of course. 

Are we at the point where it’s time to acknowledge that even the return of Gibson (assuming he returns) might not turn things around? Don’t get me wrong, a healthy Gibson’s a nice role player, but it’s not like he’s a star. I mean, that’s a large part of the problem-a team full of role players, except for Holden, and while Holden is a fine all around player, he’s not going to score 25-30 ppg

Skerry went on and on about the team's failings, including his own. Said the guys who have been getting the most minutes haven't been earning them with their play, so that will change. Not clear who gets the minutes instead (or how productive they can be). Sounds like he just wants to put a scare into the starters, but I doubt that will have much impact.

• Like 1

Just now, TigerFan54 said:

Skerry went on and on about the team's failings, including his own. Said the guys who have been getting the most minutes haven't been earning them with their play, so that will change. Not clear who gets the minutes instead (or how productive they can be). Sounds like he just wants to put a scare into the starters, but I doubt that will have much impact.

Who’s he going to play, Coleman? Sylla? Paar? Hicks? Williamson? That’s pretty much 5 empty uniforms right there. The only guys on the bench who might merit more minutes are May and Biekeu 

13 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Selling a bit low! Lol.  I will say, Towson is a gamblers dream. Vegas doesn’t think they stink as much as we do. Don’t like betting against them but it’s too easy. Win or lose, I have a good ending 

• Like 1

Just now, TSU88 said:

The only guys on the bench who might merit more minutes are May and Biekeu 

Unfortunately, May has been shooting blanks offensively. I suspect he's a much better player than he's shown, but the early returns aren't good.

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Are we at the point where it’s time to acknowledge that even the return of Gibson (assuming he returns) might not turn things around? Don’t get me wrong, a healthy Gibson’s a nice role player, but it’s not like he’s a star. I mean, that’s a large part of the problem-a team full of role players, except for Holden, and while Holden is a fine all around player, he’s not going to score 25-30 ppg

No star on this team. No player to get his shot and take over late in the game. 

our issues have been on defense lately, not sure Gibson helps with that. He is a good shooter but lacks on the defensive end so it’s a ??  But I don’t think we see him again this year. 

we are kind of like unc (Strange I know). But a team that came out of nowhere last year and got hot. Return a lot of the same players and have lofty expectations and then have fallen flat on our faces