• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Charleston Preview

9 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Any news on Chase Paar? Biekeu has been alright at times, but we need to have as many bodies as we can inside to keep Thompson fresh and hopefully out of foul trouble in conference play. I am hoping Thompson can have an effort similar to last year when he blocked six shots against College of Charleston, but they are obviously a much better team this year. I was hoping it might take them two years to get going, but it looks like the transfer portal helped get them on the fast path. Although, the point, I think it was TowsonTigers2012 made, about them leaving the state of South Carolina once (and that was North Carolina) is a good one.

I am worried after being in-person at the last two games and not seeing very good overall energy, but I think despite the negativity Towson can still turn things around for the better with the players we have. They just need to start figuring out to play better as a collective team. It feels like this year's team is still searching for an identity, which hopefully conference play will give them a chance to embrace and/or figure out. 

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

Any news on Chase Paar? Biekeu has been alright at times, but we need to have as many bodies as we can inside to keep Thompson fresh and hopefully out of foul trouble in conference play. I am hoping Thompson can have an effort similar to last year when he blocked six shots against College of Charleston, but they are obviously a much better team this year. I was hoping it might take them two years to get going, but it looks like the transfer portal helped get them on the fast path. Although, the point, I think it was TowsonTigers2012 made, about them leaving the state of South Carolina once (and that was North Carolina) is a good one.

I am worried after being in-person at the last two games and not seeing very good overall energy, but I think despite the negativity Towson can still turn things around for the better with the players we have. They just need to start figuring out to play better as a collective team. It feels like this year's team is still searching for an identity, which hopefully conference play will give them a chance to embrace and/or figure out. 

No surprise on Gibson. Me thinks if we see him in a tiger uniform again it is in November.  

The travel thing is big at this level. Now they have won their road games sans unc but going from a sell out 5,000+ at home to playing on the road in front of 600 or so on NYE at noon is different. Going to have to play real slow and defend the three, which we haven’t done all year, to have a chance. Would also help if a certain 5th year senior didn’t shoot 30 and 25% like he has since the first week of the season…

They are a bunch of cast offs which just shows you how good of a coach pat Kelsey is. If he wants to take a bigger job, I’ll help him pack.  They have two 4 stars and a 3 star coming in next year. Top 40 recruiting class. 

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

Paar has been dealing with nagging injuries all year as has his brother. I think Biekeu is good enough to give them 10 minutes a game and the other issues like turnovers, shooting and overall defense are bigger concerns.

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Nothing like promoting a game against the highest rated opponent to visit in 20 years, with an email 18 hours before tip..  SOT

I thought the same thing, slacking in the TU athletic dept? Never