• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Hofstra II preview

Looking for Cam to have the same approach to this game as he had against WM. Drive,  Don’t hesitate to shoot mid-range shots and look to dish when it makes sense.  Nick, set his feet and take good shots.  CT,  use two hands when being contested inside the paint.  
Overall, square up on weak side rebounding,  hands up on defense and make good decisions with the ball.   

*SD …I’m still here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first point spread I saw last night was Hofstra -4 and it is down to -2.5 where I am looking. It is the fifth time we have been underdogs (UMass, Clemson, Bryant and Charleston are the others)

Going back to last year's meeting in Long Island Hofstra jumped out to a 21-12 lead before we ripped off a 16-2 run to take control of the game. Timberlake probably had the best game of his career with 27 points and eight boards on 8-11 FG. 

He had a pretty solid game this year with 17 and five rebounds in the earlier matchup this year. In that game they were up 11-1, before we went on a 19-2 run to grab complete control of the game. Estrada was 5-17 and 0-10 3ptFG, which is not likely to be repeated. Although, we beat them twice last year with fairly strong performances by Estrada. 

If we can win this game, I know there are still a lot of tough matchups but it would solidify status as of now as one of the top two teams in the conference, and as someone else mentions the loser is probably done for the battle for the regular-season title since Charleston can't have many more than two losses left in them this year. 

This game is an elimination game for the regular season. If we lose we are looking at best a 3 seed.  Hofstra has an extremely easy schedule this year and at comically bad finish after us.  
Got to love the unbalanced schedule!!

• Like 1