• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls at W&M 68-66

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=429465

Anders Nelson hit two free throws with 1.4 seconds left to lead William & Mary over Towson 68-66 at home on Monday night. Nicolas Timberlake was called for a foul from 30 feet away from the basket, giving Nelson two shots and he sunk both. The Tigers had a shot to tie or win the game,, but Cam Holden's inbound pass to Timberlake for an ally-oop was off the mark.

This was a brutal loss for Towson, who played a Tribe team missing their best rebounder Noah Collier and also 6-6 forward Gabe Dorsey. The Tribe shot 10-of-19 from long range led by three treys from Matteus Case. Ben Wight led W&M with 20 points and had five boards. The Tigers were led by Holden with 22 points and 11 rebounds. Charles Thompson added 15 points and 12 boards. Timberlake struggled with five points on 1-of-9 shooting and 1-of-4 from 3-point range. Towson shot just 5-of-19 from long range.

Pathetic, these guys haven’t earned their scholarships this year with the lackluster effort. Cam literally grabs a guy and throws him to the ground every game. Got a technical foul and he should be benched but unfortunately we need him cause nobody else could score tonight. Timberlake and May couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn tonight. Hicks couldn’t score an open lay up to seal the game. CT missed game changing free throws AGAIN. Pat Skerry and the boys spotted the other team 10+ points to start the game per usual. Just an absolutely disgraceful showing. Maybe now Dr. E will consider making some changes to the coaching staff

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Soft team. Awful coaching staff. Time for a change

There is no change forthcoming, for years. This season is unofficially over. It’s sort of like waiting for the next of kin to come down to the medical examiner’s office to officially identify the body. We will never go dancing under Skerry & you can make book on that. When Timberlake plays his last game in a couple of weeks, it’ll be addition by subtraction as far as the program is concerned. In fairness to him however, he is a symptom of the Skerry disease 

• Like 2

Embarrassing of a loss for a portend that has seen a ton. Boo birds and paper bags need to be out Thursday. 
this season is a joke.

Pat needs to go!  Awful developer. Even worse coach. 
Disappear-alake. Headcase Holden. Charmin Charles. Wish we had rizzuto Russell. No boards beku. Sucky sekou. Helpless hicks. Gimpy Gibson. Clanking Conway.  Missin’ May. Pretending paars

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

There is no change forthcoming, for years. This season is unofficially over. It’s sort of like waiting for the next of kin to come down to the medical examiner’s office to officially identify the body. We will never go dancing under Skerry & you can make book on that. When Timberlake plays his last game in a couple of weeks, it’ll be addition by subtraction as far as the program is concerned. In fairness to him however, he is a symptom of the Skerry disease 

The quotes after this one say it all. He’s literally clueless. 3-11 in thr CAAT after this years first game loss. Apologists will stick up for him like usual.  Worst coach in the caa. 

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The quotes after this one say it all. He’s literally clueless. 3-11 in thr CAAT after this years first game loss. Apologists will stick up for him like usual.  Worst coach in the caa. 

He’s a nice guy, great family man, graduates kids and generally is going to W 18-20 games a year. I guess that’s enough for some, especially those who fall back on the tired refrain of “look at what a mess the program was when he took over.”

What he isn’t is a clutch, big game coach, who will get the program to the dance. For that matter, his track record is, as you point out, dismal in the conference tournament. His teams are a reflection of his limitations as a coach-utterly incapable of winning the close ones. Reminds me of a comment I read years ago by a scout talking about an NFL QB (don’t remember which one, not that it matters) “he’s just good enough to lose.” 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

He’s a nice guy, great family man, graduates kids and generally is going to W 18-20 games a year. I guess that’s enough for some, especially those who fall back on the tired refrain of “look at what a mess the program was when he took over.”

What he isn’t is a clutch, big game coach, who will get the program to the dance. For that matter, his track record is, as you point out, dismal in the conference tournament. His teams are a reflection of his limitations as a coach-utterly incapable of winning the close ones. Reminds me of a comment I read years ago by a scout talking about an NFL QB (don’t remember which one, not that it matters) “he’s just good enough to lose.” 

He’s good enough for Towson and most on this board.  It’s sad. And I agree, unlike a certain football coach, he is a guy you Can root for but he’s just an awful coach.

winning season 17-15. Throw a parade. Most posters are ok with that. “Banking da 17 win seasons”. 

over this program. Won’t be going Thursday and will donate my ticket Saturday to some younger masochist than myself.  FIRE PAT!!!

Understand all the frustration as we lost this in typical Towson fashion but please ease up on the name calling…  going too far in my opinion.  
We can only assume our players read this board or their friends do and tell them. 

4 games left and I hope they can bounce back and finish strong.   

• Haha 1