• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023-24 Transfer Thread

Super excited to have someone this strong join the team.  With CT back I can see us competing this year...Welcome Marcus Watson - this guy is a baller!  

• Like 2

I know one thing, if we happen to play NCAT on the road this coming season, Watson probably will get less than an enthusiastic welcome 😆

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Dude c’mon. Today’s not the day 

…ok is today better? 😂. 4 schools in 4 years and some other bumps along the way.  But is a piece we desperately need to be decent this year.  If he can play a team game, we should be ok

44 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

…ok is today better? 😂. 4 schools in 4 years and some other bumps along the way.  But is a piece we desperately need to be decent this year.  If he can play a team game, we should be ok

Well, my feelings on guys playing at multiple schools is well known. Fwiw, I also despise the designated hitter and the ghost 👻 runner. But, rules are rules, and if everyone else has guys on their 3rd or 4th school, we have no choice but to do likewise. 

While not rationalizing, Watson never played at Ok State and I think he only played 12 games at NMSU. So, in a practical sense, we are his 2nd school. 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Well, my feelings on guys playing at multiple schools is well known. Fwiw, I also despise the designated hitter and the ghost 👻 runner. But, rules are rules, and if everyone else has guys on their 3rd or 4th school, we have no choice but to do likewise. 

While not rationalizing, Watson never played at Ok State and I think he only played 12 games at NMSU. So, in a practical sense, we are his 2nd school. 

Until he signs on the dotted line… 🤞 

Wonder if cam had some influence on his decision.  We can be good this year now as we finally (hopefully) have a guy who can create and take the last shot for us. This was going to be a thin team this year with about 7 guys (we all know the tremendous will have minimal impact), so another experienced body helps.  Need to keep his attitude in check and play within the system, and not take that many threes and turn it over 

18 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Until he signs on the dotted line… 🤞 

Wonder if cam had some influence on his decision.  We can be good this year now as we finally (hopefully) have a guy who can create and take the last shot for us. This was going to be a thin team this year with about 7 guys (we all know the tremendous will have minimal impact), so another experienced body helps.  Need to keep his attitude in check and play within the system, and not take that many threes and turn it over 

After the Seton Hall de-commit, I’m going to assume the announcement he’s coming here wouldn’t have gone public unless all the I’s were dotted and T’s crossed, on both sides. Anything’s possible, but Watson would look beyond ridiculous if he suddenly de-committed from us, and I can only assume his arrival here has been fully vetted and cleared by the university.

As to Holden, they are both from Georgia, so who knows? Would be nice if Holden reached out and whispered sweet nothings to him about TU.

And you’re right, he can’t be indiscriminately jacking up 3’s, given his shooting percentage on those shots last year. I’m going to hope for the time being that he’ll adapt to a more structured approach on offense than the one at NCAT, where he had to compete for shots with Kam Woods, who thought he was in shooting range once he crossed the half court line. And yes, Watson seems to possess the athleticism to hopefully be the guy who wants the ball at the end of the game and we can clear out for. We’ll see. 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

This was all about NIL 💰 in the end right?

Seton Hall promised a certain amount and maybe reneged!!??  

Happy we stepped up and he’s coming to Towson!

Do we know that for a fact?  Getting nil money I’m sure is great but playing is also great.  

• Like 1

We may never know the backstory. For whatever reason, he committed to, then quickly de-committed from, Seton Hall. Let’s just hope it turns out to be a case of their loss is our gain. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Do we know that for a fact?  Getting nil money I’m sure is great but playing is also great

Perhaps we had a more lucrative bagel 🥯 package than Seton Hall 😆

• Haha 2