• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

New TU NIL Collective

On 4/4/2023 at 10:33 AM, Blazer49 said:

Ok this is great and obviously needs to be done.  I do have a couple issues with the marketing of it however.   

1) gohcollective.com, this GOH marketing push is only months old so when you think GOH not sure how many people are thinking Towson.   

Yes! I've said this on other threads before but I hate the GOH marketing push. It alienates any student or alumni not from the Baltimore area, who can speak without a jar full of marbles in their mouth. 

This feels like a vendor (likely since it "had" to be a third party) or low-level employee wanting to brown nose Dr. E so they are like oh let's name it after the marketing push he thought up a few months into his employment without understanding Towson's (lack of) connection to the local area.

Unfortunately, because they made it the URL and program name as we'll inevitability need to rebrand the NIL program to something more obvious to what the NIL program is once we move off the GOH push which will create more confusion in the long run.  None of this is surprising just classic Towson.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Yes! I've said this on other threads before but I hate the GOH marketing push. It alienates any student or alumni not from the Baltimore area, who can speak without a jar full of marbles in their mouth. 

This feels like a vendor (likely since it "had" to be a third party) or low-level employee wanting to brown nose Dr. E so they are like oh let's name it after the marketing push he thought up a few months into his employment without understanding Towson's (lack of) connection to the local area.

Unfortunately, because they made it the URL and program name as we'll inevitability need to rebrand the NIL program to something more obvious to what the NIL program is once we move off the GOH push which will create more confusion in the long run.  None of this is surprising just classic Towson.

Where is Towson located?

4 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

I believe it was created by a current athlete? Maybe?  It’s kind of corny but isn’t awful.  My gripe is that we always try and change sh*t around too quickly, (Uniforms. Slogans.  Everything else in athletics) that we don’t build any tradition.  There are so many examples To name here. We have little to no tradition and just keep moving from one thing to another.  Continuity, amongst other things, are not our strengths. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

GCR interview with Dr. Steve at around 17:00 mark

That whole conversation with Dr. E was really strange regarding the GOH Collective.  It kind of reminded me of the Seinfeld episode when George was being pursued by the Mets for their Assistant GM position but they couldn't talk about the lunch they had because of fears of tampering.  Also cannot imagine how hard it is for Dr. E when he was promoting Towson's Day of Giving in basically saying "Hey please pay money here but don't forget about this way to give money too, although I am not supposed to know what and how much is going to this GOH thing..."  

I look at it this way. If you want to help with facilities, travel, nutrition, more scholarships for non-revenue sports, recruiting budgets, assistant coaches salaries, etc., you give to TAF.  NIL is more about student-athletes and trying to get them to stay for an extra year if they have suitors or recruits or transfers that want more than Cost of Attendance, which we don’t have for football, but have for hoops.

• Like 1