• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

9 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Not much evidence of excitement for the season on this board. Maybe that's because fewer people pay attention to TowsonFans.com in the summer, but I hope that changes. I think there's a lot to be jazzed about, even if the new staff was behind the 8-ball on recruiting this year. I think we'll see an improved brand of play, even if the end result is a 5-6 or 6-5 season. And maybe -- just maybe -- the 2023 team will outperform expectations.

I think part of it is that, between the transfer portal and a recent unfortunate situation, MBB has sucked all the oxygen out of the room, so to speak. In addition, speaking only for myself, I was a little disappointed football didn’t bring in a FBS QB transfer, which has tamped down my enthusiasm, just a smidge. The way things stand, our starting QB may be Nathan Kent, who was originally a walk-on, and was like 4th string last season. Now don’t get me wrong, he may turn out to be a diamond in the rough, and I’ll be at all the games, regardless of whether he’s the QB or not, but I was hoping for a splash transfer (although some of our QB transfers under the last coach crashed & burned-Mahalik, Olsen, Pass…)

37 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Not much evidence of excitement for the season on this board. Maybe that's because fewer people pay attention to TowsonFans.com in the summer, but I hope that changes. I think there's a lot to be jazzed about, even if the new staff was behind the 8-ball on recruiting this year. I think we'll see an improved brand of play, even if the end result is a 5-6 or 6-5 season. And maybe -- just maybe -- the 2023 team will outperform expectations.

Excited as I’ve been in yeses about Towson football. That said, a meh schedule and product with a lot of new comers isn’t going to move the needle. 
 Very interested in the sorely needed new voice! It’s about time!!!

I think Pete’s positive outlook is great and I should know more if it’s Brown or Kent this Saturday. Personally, I’d like to see more about the team on the website, even if it’s just featurish stuff. Pete is like every coach and that’s to give very little info to the opposition. 

Remember, Sean Brown is an FBS transfer and we just added two FBS receivers. Offensively, I’m concerned about the line, but Coach Pete is a former guard so I expect that to round into shape.

I can't wait for the season to start!  There's something exciting about not knowing exactly what we have as a team.  Could year one under Shinnick be a complete roll of the dice and/or train wreck?  Sure, and he gets an understandable free pass if it is. 

However, could there be a little bit of first-year magic where this collection of transfers, vets, walk-ons and unknowns catches some teams sleeping and manages to win a lot more games than most would expect?  I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case.

On a completely unrelated note, I may be most excited for Towson's switch from being a Pepsi school to a COCA-COLA school!!  That in itself is a BIG win!!

• Sad 1

V exciting news that towson has switched over from Pepsi to Coke! I begrudgingly drank wild cherry Pepsi in ptux everyday for lunch 

also v exciting that it’s a new coach, new look, mystery bag type year. Can pistol Pete hang at this level? Which was once the SEC of FCS football but not anymore. Idk wtf is gonna happen at QB. I also don’t know wtf is gonna happen at running back if Mat said we don’t have a T-west, Vito, Shane type. Defense has never been our strong point so idk wtf to expect there either 

D’ago Hunter is pretty darn good on special teams I know that. However, he is very small and not intimidating 

I’m excited for the post ambrose era. That era was getting stale and we needed new energy. I hope the giveaways will draw some fans for the new coach

if we sneak up on some people and stack a few consecutive wins together, the home game against Delaware becomes more interesting. Could we see the first sellout at Johnny U since idk when?

6 minutes ago, Blounge said:

if we sneak up on some people and stack a few consecutive wins together, the home game against Delaware becomes more interesting. Could we see the first sellout at Johnny U since idk when?

Ever.  We could be undefeated and it wouldn’t sell out.  

• Like 1

Also love Dr. E idk how tf he is he so young and handsome looking AND he’s a doctor with a family AND he’s an A.D. 

also love Jake Shindel everybody should engage with his content on Twitter for towson mailbag tuesdays. Support student sports journalist. Get him some NIL money. Get my man Jake a bagel

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Ever.  We could be undefeated and it wouldn’t sell out.  

Idk man I’ve been seeing lots of towson shirts being worn around Timonium and Hunt Valley

12 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Also love Dr. E idk how tf he is he so young and handsome looking AND he’s a doctor with a family AND he’s an A.D. 

also love Jake Shindel everybody should engage with his content on Twitter for towson mailbag tuesdays. Support student sports journalist. Get him some NIL money. Get my man Jake a bagel

Jake has been great. As has the photographer kenny

11 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Idk man I’ve been seeing lots of towson shirts being worn around Timonium and Hunt Valley

Means nothing. Sorry. 

5 hours ago, TigerFan54 said:

Not much evidence of excitement for the season on this board. Maybe that's because fewer people pay attention to TowsonFans.com in the summer, but I hope that changes

@mat1992 the mobile website says “not secure” i think that scares people off from coming on the site. Anyway to change the website to secure?