• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

Transfers are typical of every FCS program. Pete kept a lot of Rob’s players. More than expected. There are close to 50 transfers on this team. Pete had 50 transfers on last year’s D2 West Florida squad 

11 hours ago, Blounge said:

Remember how we brought in like 50 transfers last year? Towson was Transfer U before the transfer portal made it cool

That was because we were too cheap to fire him before his lame duck season.  Needed desperate transfers to fill the scholarship spots. 

The look of the stadium isn’t high on my priority list for this program but I think having more black and gold in the stadium and on the track isn’t a bad thing. It’s been pretty drab looking for over 20 years 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

The look of the stadium isn’t high on my priority list for this program but I think having more black and gold in the stadium and on the track isn’t a bad thing. It’s been pretty drab looking for over 20 years 

Don’t disagree. But woulda been fine with one of those two colors not both. 

Anyone feel like we haven’t gotten as much content this pre season? I thought we had more tiger report video check ins with Ambrose about how camp has been coming along. Football is back baby hope there is a buzz on campus and freshman are excited to visit UMD for an away game then come to their first ever home game at Johnny U

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Anyone feel like we haven’t gotten as much content this pre season? I thought we had more tiger report video check ins with Ambrose about how camp has been coming along. Football is back baby hope there is a buzz on campus and freshman are excited to visit UMD for an away game then come to their first ever home game at Johnny U

You mean Shinnock and yes, I’ve complained about this now and in the past. There should have been at least two reports from practice a week with Ben with Coach Pete or a player.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:24 AM, Blounge said:

Looks like today and tomorrow are new student move in days. Hopefully Dr. E, Doc the tiger, Coach Pete, and the football team are helping people move in. Meeting families, shaking hands, kissing babies. Drumming up excitement for the opener. I think being able to herd the freshman to the stadium mixed with nice weather is our best hope for a packed Johnny U. Anyone got a kid at Towson currently? Any way to get a vibe check on the buzz around campus surrounding the football team?

Always loved seeing the players pushing the big laundry carts and helping.  

24 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

You mean Shinnock and yes, I’ve complained about this now and in the past. There should have been at least two reports from practice a week with Ben with Coach Pete or a player.

Yeah. Games are right around the corner and there’s nothing to look at from what I’ve seen. Guessing this new guy likes to keep stuff under wraps?

16 minutes ago, tualum said:

Yeah. Games are right around the corner and there’s nothing to look at from what I’ve seen. Guessing this new guy likes to keep stuff under wraps?

Who doesn’t, but they can still post some feature type of stuff that doesn’t give the gameplay out?

• Like 1