• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

13 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Probably shoulda left this blank after that game

IMG_2004.png

Very true, I have worked football gamedays for over 20 years for a Pennsylvania university that traditionally struggles and have seen the Marketing team scramble to announce a Player of the Game when the team is getting blown out, but they have to do it because it is a paid advertising spot.  

1 hour ago, Blazer49 said:

Very true, I have worked football gamedays for over 20 years for a Pennsylvania university that traditionally struggles and have seen the Marketing team scramble to announce a Player of the Game when the team is getting blown out, but they have to do it because it is a paid advertising spot.  

It’s just funny that it’s “hype man”. Real players of the game are anyone who stayed and watched more than 1/2 that game 

• Haha 1

I am 100% supportive of Coach Shinnick and believe he'll ultimately be very successful at Towson.

Having said that, let me take a minute to go back in time, about 9 or 10 months ago, to when the head coach search was on and the name I submitted for consideration was Slippery Rock HC Shawn Lutz.

The Rock is 10-1 this season, and Lutz is now 68-18 at SRU.  That is a .791 winning %.  If I'm any northeast or mid-Atlantic FCS program who's going to be in the market for a new HC at the end of this season, he's the first guy I would call.  I'm looking at you, Bucknell, Stony Brook, Robert Morris, etc.

Shawn Lutz - Football Coach - Slippery Rock University Athletics (rockathletics.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

@Blounge It’s your dream come true!  1,000 hats for probably less than 1,000, sponsored by a place that went out of business. Very on brand for TU 😆 

IMG_2059.jpeg

It actually might be perfect bucket hat weather on Saturday. It’s been a hot and sunny November! I got sunburnt at the ravens game last week!

Neo Pizza is still open in Columbia and Owings Mills. I know the owner personally, his sister is a TOWSON ALUMNI so i don’t appreciate your negativity! There pizza and chicken tenders are sensational and the self pour beer wall is something that is for an older crowd not 18 years olds who drink natty lite. Why you hating on someone giving money to towson athletics? Wouldn’t you agree it’s a positive thing to put towson branded bucket hats on 1,000 beautiful co-eds to market the #1 school in md?

7 minutes ago, Blounge said:

It actually might be perfect bucket hat weather on Saturday. It’s been a hot and sunny November! I got sunburnt at the ravens game last week!

Neo Pizza is still open in Columbia and Owings Mills. I know the owner personally, his sister is a TOWSON ALUMNI so i don’t appreciate your negativity! There pizza and chicken tenders are sensational and the self pour beer wall is something that is for an older crowd not 18 years olds who drink natty lite. Why you hating on someone giving money to towson athletics? Wouldn’t you agree it’s a positive thing to put towson branded bucket hats on 1,000 beautiful co-eds to market the #1 school in md?

Not hating on them giving money. Pointing out the sadness and irony that they went out of business before the promotion. Kind of like a bobble head  of a player who is dealt at the deadline.

Went twice and their pizza was very very good. Work right around the corner and woulda liked for that to be my pregame spot.  Beer wall was very expensive.  They tell you why they closed?  Tried to go a week or so ago and it has a closed sign and they were wheeling out the games and other fixtures 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Not hating on them giving money. Pointing out the sadness and irony that they went out of business before the promotion. Kind of like a bobble head  of a player who is dealt at the deadline.

Went twice and their pizza was very very good. Work right around the corner and woulda liked for that to be my pregame spot.  Beer wall was very expensive.  They tell you why they closed?  Tried to go a week or so ago and it has a closed sign and they were wheeling out the games and other fixtures 

It seems it’s impossible to find staff there because it’s all pay to park so it’s hard to justify taking a job making $12 an hour in an area where it costs $2/hour to park

• Sad 1