• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2023 General Football News

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

5 million dollar application fee? Even if we wanted to move up to FBS, where’s that money going to come from? Let’s be honest, given last year’s football attendance, paying 5 million (even if we have that kind of money just lying around) would seem absurd. What precisely would that 5 million buy us? The other question that comes to mind is what if the CAA keeps hemorrhaging schools and ceases to exist at some point in the future? Then where are we? Are these issues being discussed in the war room of our athletic department? 

If we had that type of money, we would have had a new coach years ago.  I believe the new fee, up from 5,000 (lol), nullifies the attendance and stadium barriers for teams moving up to meet. 

We are FCS or lower for the future. Not sure FCS has any future on the east coast (if it even does now?)

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

believe the new fee, up from 5,000 (lol), nullifies the attendance and stadium barriers for teams moving up to meet

That’s correct, though I think there’s also some requirement about having a certain minimum number of student athletes on scholarship. 

You have a point about the geographical shift in the FCS power structure. With the JMU’s, App State’s, ODU’s and all the other southern schools (Georgia Southern I think is another example) leaving for the FBS (you can now add Delaware to the list) the strength of what’s left of the FCS is in Montana and the Dakotas. 

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

That’s correct, though I think there’s also some requirement about having a certain minimum number of student athletes on scholarship. 

You have a point about the geographical shift in the FCS power structure. With the JMU’s, App State’s, ODU’s and all the other southern schools (Georgia Southern I think is another example) leaving for the FBS (you can now add Delaware to the list) the strength of what’s left of the FCS is in Montana and the Dakotas. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if those schools tried to make a conference and move up.  If everyone moves up to FBS, then the G5(+) will be like the FCS once again… diluting the field.  Kind of like raising minimum wage but the price of everything else goes up along with it..

17 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if those schools tried to make a conference and move up.

9 of the 16 schools remaining in the FCS playoffs are in Ohio (Youngstown State) or west of Ohio, with a heavy emphasis (6 schools) on Idaho, Montana, & North and South Dakota 

39 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Well.. lol

IMG_2128.jpeg

Can't wait for a Tweet from our boy Joey D saying something like this "This afternoon it is great to have my red solo to help me bail out this sinking conference ship.  Come check it out on Flosports!"

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Can't wait for a Tweet from our boy Joey D saying something like this "This afternoon it is great to have my red solo to help me bail out this sinking conference ship.  Come check it out on Flosports!"

Bahahah. Obviously the caa was on its way down when the VA3 left at the end of Yeagers reign but it was put into rapid decline under clueless joey d incompetent leadership 
If he ever leaves, at least we know he will have a job waiting him at Towson. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Royal Tiger said:

Putting this nicely, we completely fumbled all the good momentum that was built in the early 2010s over the past 10 years. Coastal Athletic Association will be back at 10 team in a couple years unless add any more crap like Morgan or NJIT: Hampton, NCAT, Campbell, Stony Brook, Drexel, Elon, Monmouth, Hofstra, Northeastern, and us. Can't expect anyone within our institution to react other than do nothing and be happy with whatever hand we're dealt.

Hindsight is 20-20 we essentially sleepwalked through the whole decade somehow regressing after a championship run. After 2013 they should have turned the money printer on and made grander plans but of course we stood around finger popping each other’s you know what’s 

i guess we can join a MAC type league next?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Hindsight is 20-20 we essentially sleepwalked through the whole decade somehow regressing after a championship run. After 2013 they should have turned the money printer on and made grander plans but of course we stood around finger popping each other’s you know what’s 

i guess we can join a MAC type league next?

Just be happy to have a program!!   

Ideally both coaches would have moved on after their big success in 2012-2014 and we replaced them with younger hungry coaches who could take the next step. Instead they stayed and got extension after extension and became (or remained for the tough people on here) average