• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

33 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Latest rumor has Charleston to the A10 next season 

https://x.com/stf_ncaa/status/1700941812095963457?s=46&t=nScacl1TWT-KyOwj5stBaw

They’re an attractive get for a basketball conference. Good program and they draw. We’ve already heard the rumblings about DE exploring an exit strategy. I hope our AD has a plan as far as our future 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

They’re an attractive get for a basketball conference. Good program and they draw. We’ve already heard the rumblings about DE exploring an exit strategy. I hope our AD has a plan as far as our future 

Lol. Don’t give him that much credit. We will be in the caa with stony Brook Albany Drexel Monmouth Morgan state Hampton Nc A&T umbc and Campbell.

We are busy dicking around playing little league football and will be left behind by all our peers 

Edited by TuTigers2012

20 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Lol. Don’t give him that much credit. We will be in the caa with stony Brook Albany Drexel Monmouth Morgan state Hampton Nc A&T umbc and Campbell.

We are busy dicking around playing little league football and will be left behind by all our peers 

Maybe it’s by design because those are teams we maybe could be competitive with

On 9/10/2023 at 5:40 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

I am not saying he has done anything earth-shattering, but what specifically has Eigonbrot done since March 2022 that gives you insight that he isn't qualified to try to tackle some of these issues, other than the tired retort of "Same Old Towson"? I am not specifically accusing you of this, but I just think we need to see what the next move is before we put forward the same assumptions from the past. I had enough data on Tim Leonard to not trust his vision or decision-making. I just don't have enough information to blindly cast the same judgements Eigonbrot's way yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

I am not saying he has done anything earth-shattering, but what specifically has Eigonbrot done since March 2022 that gives you insight that he isn't qualified to try to tackle some of these issues, other than the tired retort of "Same Old Towson"? I am not specifically accusing you of this, but I just think we need to see what the next move is before we put forward the same assumptions from the past. I had enough data on Tim Leonard to not trust his vision or decision-making. I just don't have enough information to blindly cast the same judgements Eigonbrot's way yet. 

I’m not saying that he won’t try. But there’s a bigger issue than that… what are we?? We have zero appeal to other conferences, especially compared to most of our conference brethren. We are probably 7/8th (being generous) in the pecking order 
We may have to hope one conference commissioner has some beer goggles on when looking at us 😆 

15 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I’m not saying that he won’t try. But there’s a bigger issue than that… what are we?? We have zero appeal to other conferences, especially compared to most of our conference brethren. We are probably 7/8th (being generous) in the pecking order 
We may have to hope one conference commissioner has some beer goggles on when looking at us 😆 

Fair enough. I mainly took issue with laying that at the AD's feet right now. The guy has been here for a year-and-a-half and seems like he is trying hard to get us up and running on some of the areas where we are behind the times. We will find out in a couple of years how the football coach hire works, and I do think he is laying the groundwork for future scenarios. However, I certainly can't argue against the fact that schools like Charleston and Delaware have more appeal than us in general for what they would bring to a conference.

I do think being the second-largest public university in Maryland and our geographic location can marginally help us in the future shuffle of mid-major conferences, but not anywhere higher where we all would like to be. We are hurt by the lack of recent evidence of high-level success in hoops and football, but I think there is potential for us to be good at the right time in the next 2-4 years. That is the optimist in me, because we have been pretty solid in hoops lately and there is small evidence that we are capable of big things at our level of football. Even if that evidence is over a decade old and growing mold on it 

• Like 1