• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

52 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Oh no people are making fun of us on the internet again!

It only delayed the start of the game by 10 minutes or so. Still, not a good look. 

Now if I had captioned this I might have gone with something like “new strategy by Towson to cut down on scoring by the opposition.”

Edited by TSU88
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It only delayed the start of the game by 10 minutes or so. Still, not a good look. 

Now if I had captioned this I might have gone with something like “new strategy by Towson to cut down on scoring by the opposition.”

Towson athletics and gameday is a closure f*** on a good day.  This really isn’t warranted. They got it replaced quickly (didn’t measure/level timely hence the delay) but all in all not worth criticism. 

Maybe bring back the old rules. No dunking during warmups ??

All criticism is warranted. People aren’t gonna come back to a basketball game if crumb bum SAFE security is keeping people out in the cold for 30 minutes to get into the game they just walked 15 minutes to get to! Then to come in TU Arena only to see there is no rim and no Ledo Pizza! That’s pathetic for a D1 University. Go to a UMD Terps game and see how the game-day experience differs.

Dr. E, Pat Skerry, New President Ginsberg, Doc the Tiger, somebody, anybody please make a calculated effort to improve this nonsense that’s been going on for decades

12 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Maybe bring back the old rules. No dunking during warmups ??

Hard to believe that there was a time when dunking during the game was prohibited. What a gyp not getting to see guys like David “Skywalker” Thompson dunk. And there was also a time freshman could not play. Now you kids get off my lawn!! And if that ball comes on my lawn again, I’m keeping it!!!

Edited by TSU88

31 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Hard to believe that there was a time when dunking during the game was prohibited. What a gyp not getting to see guys like David “Skywalker” Thompson dunk. And there was also a time freshman could not play. Now you kids get off my lawn!! And if that ball comes on my lawn again, I’m keeping it!!!

I mean you technically could, just hope that you had good managers and or assistant who could spot the refs coming out and yell “off the rims”

50 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Our next opponent held their opponent to 16 first half points and turned them over …17 times.  Woof 

We are in BIG TROUBLE. Omg they are gonna be -30 to cover lol

Thursday is gonna be ugly.  No two ways about it.  I haven't seen Wake or Utah yet to know anything about them.  Other side of the bracket, the only team that we might be able to clip is Dayton.  I don't want any part of North Texas and if we happened to get St. John's, Pitino will probably treat us like he treated Stony Brook to start the season.  I'll say this about SJU thru 2 games -- they're terrible defenders, which is very unlike a Pitino team.

• Like 1

Another winless night for the CAA. Most of the games weren’t even close.

Now 12-20 so far on the season. This league is officially a low major. There are more teams than wins 9 days into the season