• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

Alright so in the absurd and mind numbing Towson futility stat of the day… as team in 6 games have scored 342 total points. Hofstras stud GUARD (something we haven’t had), has scored 150 points by himself. That’s 44% of our total.  
He would also rank first in assists on the tiger team. 

mind numbing 

Morgan State tomorrow is a must win of course. 
South Dakota State went to Hattiesburg and beat Southern Miss.  Gonna really be a tough game on Friday now. 

I keep thinking about what 2012 said weeks++ ago..  play Tarke and disregard the NCAA.   We signed him in mid August and it has now been 3+ months.  Nuts.  

UMass after we return from Brookings..  Frank Martin wants paybacks.  UMBC after..

I keep hearing both football and basketball programs preaching what a great campus etc we have to recruit players etc and being a homer alum.. absolutely yes I love the campus and community but that all being said NIL will rule things going forward and money talks…  really hope/pray we can stay in the mix as a D1 program. 

25 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

South Dakota State went to Hattiesburg and beat Southern Miss.  Gonna really be a tough game on Friday now. 

I keep thinking about what 2012 said weeks++ ago..  play Tarke and disregard the NCAA.   We signed him in mid August and it has now been 3+ months.  Nuts.  

UMass after we return from Brookings..  Frank Martin wants paybacks.  UMBC after..

I keep hearing both football and basketball programs preaching what a great campus etc we have to recruit players etc and being a homer alum.. absolutely yes I love the campus and community but that all being said NIL will rule things going forward and money talks…  really hope/pray we can stay in the mix as a D1 program. 

The Tarke situation is different than NIL stuff, but I don’t care who is coaching this program or how nice our campus is. If we are middle of the pack or worse in our conference in terms of NIL collective, then we are going to miss out on a bunch of opportunities to win just as we did in the spring. Quality Transfers are looking for the best deal.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

South Dakota state has had some close games but yes got their first win of the year against souther miss.   Morgan, Coppin and Robert morris still have a combined 0 wins this year…

NCAA really has no control anymore so like I said. Just play him! After last week, it seems he will more likely be denied than approved. 

17 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

The Tarke situation is different than NIL stuff, but I don’t care who is coaching this program or how nice our campus is. If we are middle of the pack or worse in our conference in terms of NIL collective, then we are going to miss out on a bunch of opportunities to win just as we did in the spring. Quality Transfers are looking for the best deal.

Haven’t we missed out on other players before too without NIL. We won’t compete with Charleston, uncw, Delaware etc in hoops with money. 

I’d rather a better fit player than someone money hungry. We are stuck with lame duck pat for the next 4 years or so, so let’s get players that fit his system. (Athletic wings, who can’t shoot, or handle the ball, but will defend and crash the glass). Look a Policelli. Left stony to go to Charleston for the money and has been awful so far 

LMAO early line has towson winning by more than 15!

any word on rahdir hicks and his concussion? 

hard to believe we are favored by that much after we just lost by 40 to north Texas 

EE657C93-4D2F-4F1D-8A48-D8DA3784168F.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Wonder if can pry a player or two away from Delaware in the offeseson?

Why? They are not moving for another two years.