• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

Most "broadcast" teams have both men and women as interviewers as well as those of various ethnicities. It makes the interviews seem less stale. This is not to diminish anything Spiro does, as he does a great job, but variety is the spice of life and is likely to draw more viewers. There seems to be more crossover these days with women as analysts, interviewers and play by play in men's sports and vice versa, both in order to enlarge the audiences. No guarantees, just a passing thought

This is good feedback, more diversity is needed! Two old white men running their mouths is not what young college kids like 

2 hours ago, Blounge said:

This is good feedback, more diversity is needed! Two old white men running their mouths is not what young college kids like 

Should be the best person(s) for the job regardless of other things. TBH don’t watch these much anymore but did when we weee good. (West years and Benimon) because well it was new and we were good. But if he’s anything like his broadcasting, than the host should be replaced. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Should be the best person(s) for the job regardless of other things. TBH don’t watch these much anymore but did when we weee good. (West years and Benimon) because well it was new and we were good. But if he’s anything like his broadcasting, than the host should be replaced. 

i understand the  "should be the best person".......but that is not how the real world works these days. If you want viewers, there must be a draw and as was noted in a previous post.....two old white guys don't work any more. there is a reason that every sport show that sells advertising has various ethnicites, genders, etc......it is because That Is What Works!

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Blounge said:

The gambling gods fucked me on both 

You win enough on Towson lol. A hens joke job away from next weekend for caa sports in over a decade 

Edited by TuTigers2012

43 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Uncw to over Kentucky. When is enough, enough?!

Drexel over Nova. But it’s ok, we beat a “meh” Oregon State team over a decade ago. 

Why can every other team in the CAA get a signature win, except us? Jealousy is a very unhealthy emotion, so I’ll just leave it that I’m beyond aggravated right now 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Drexel over Nova. But it’s ok, we beat a “meh” Oregon State team over a decade ago. 

Why can every other team in the CAA get a signature win, except us? Jealousy is a very unhealthy emotion, so I’ll just leave it that I’m beyond aggravated right now 

Welcome to the dark side.  It’s ok to be upset.  We can’t beat a bad Colorado  Maryland, pitt, bc, Georgetown. 

Year after year, the wheels come off Skerry’s teams. A guy gets shot, a guy gets kicked off the team during the season, a guy gets charged with a serious crime, a guy tears his ACL in a meaningless exhibition game. The list goes on and on. Rationally I know he can’t be blamed for most of these things, but I can’t escape the gnawing feeling Skerry is just jinxed/under a dark cloud. Now, what he can be held accountable for are things like never having brought in a legit PG, and never bringing in a guard with killer instinct, who you can clear out for at the end of the game. 

Sometimes change is necessary just for the sake of change. We’re past that point, but Groundhog Day will continue unabated for the indefinite future 

• Like 2