• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Should certainly help improve free throw percentage and lower turnovers. Another body for when guys inevitably get into foul trouble and we need to rotate next man up 

Won’t help the FT percentage if he shot like he did last season (54%). Best hope is for mid sixties.

I am excited to test my confirmation bias when it comes to my portal scouting ability (I am mostly kidding). For a good part of the offseason Marko Maletic, Jordan Riley and Nendah Tarke were my favorite targets. Riley ended up not being that realistic when he landed at Temple, but I felt like we were close to being next team up if he didn't end up there. Maletic really wasn't our type of player, but he can score and is doing so at Toledo. Tarke seems like a good fit with our system, and I look forward to seeing what he can do when he starts getting on the court regularly. 

That waiver transfer process that is going on at the NCAA this year reminds me of the process of waiting in line at the DMV. You know is going to take three times as long as you like, there is no tangible evidence progress is being made, and you have no idea what result you are going to get when you are at the front of the line.  

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Won’t help the FT percentage if he shot like he did last season (54%). Best hope is for mid sixties.

But he has gotten there a hell of a lot. Atleast make the first then we can get into our offense 

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

I am excited to test my confirmation bias when it comes to my portal scouting ability (I am mostly kidding). For a good part of the offseason Marko Maletic, Jordan Riley and Nendah Tarke were my favorite targets. Riley ended up not being that realistic when he landed at Temple, but I felt like we were close to being next team up if he didn't end up there. Maletic really wasn't our type of player, but he can score and is doing so at Toledo. Tarke seems like a good fit with our system, and I look forward to seeing what he can do when he starts getting on the court regularly. 

That waiver transfer process that is going on at the NCAA this year reminds me of the process of waiting in line at the DMV. You know is going to take three times as long as you like, there is no tangible evidence progress is being made, and you have no idea what result you are going to get when you are at the front of the line.  

Blakeny hasn’t been doing so hot at odu so that makes us feel a bit better.

Maletic is scoring at Toledo? Really? He’s scored as much as Watson and tarke combined 

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

But he has gotten there a hell of a lot. Atleast make the first then we can get into our offense 

Yeah well I didn’t say he didn’t get there. He needs to make at least 60% and he’s been doing nothing but practicing since August 

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

Maletic really wasn't our type of player, but he can score and is doing so at Toledo

Maletic has not played so far this season, per the stats link on Toledo’s website 

19 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Yeah well I didn’t say he didn’t get there. He needs to make at least 60% and he’s been doing nothing but practicing since August 

That’s good. Hopefully he can contribute some the next few games and get his feet wet. I think his value will be on defense and another body.  

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Maletic has not played so far this season, per the stats link on Toledo’s website 

Ding