• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

On 12/18/2023 at 2:01 PM, TSU88 said:

Can you elaborate? He got an 8-year extension, which was announced in December of 2017, on the heels of winning the tournament in Ireland (I remember Morsell hitting a shot at the buzzer to win the tournament) and the tournament in Florida (beat Georgia Southern to win it). Of course, the season went down the drain from there. ย Iโ€™m guessing he had a couple years remaining on his contract at the time of the extension, and that the extension really just replaced that contract and in reality added like 5 years to however many years he had left at the time. Then, he got a year added due to COVID. Itโ€™s all kind of shrouded in mystery, but it would be nice to know what the calculation is.

If, OTOH, it was really 8 years tacked on, beginning with the 18-19 season, that would go through 25-26, plus add a year for the Covid extension, and that would take it through 2026-27.ย 

ย 

Sorry for the late reply, busy week.

The copy I have of his contract says that itย was signed on Dec. 19, 2017, but it says that the terms of employment stated by the contract are July 1, 2017-April 6, 2025. I guess that means they gave him an extension midseason and decided to start the contract during that season. Maybe it came with some raise in salary that Skerry wanted to start that season, not the next.

The contract extension he signed in Dec. 2017 had his contract ending after the 2024-25 season.ย However, because of the one-year extension that coaches got because of the COVID year, Skerry's contract was extended and will now end on April 6, 2026, after the 2025-26 season.ย 

Edited by tigerjake
Mistake

25 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If true thereโ€™s a light (albeit a small one) at the end of the tunnel.ย ย  ย 837 more days to go!!

Screenshot of his initial contract extension. Plus the one-year extension, the contract ends in April 2026

314673196_ScreenShot2023-12-21at2_30_05PM.thumb.png.a615364a0f3aa6ac4f7efb36c307fca9.png

1 hour ago, tigerjake said:

Sorry for the late reply, busy week.

The copy I have of his contract says that itย was signed on Dec. 19, 2017, but it says that the terms of employment stated by the contract are July 1, 2017-April 6, 2025. I guess that means they gave him an extension midseason and decided to start the contract during that season. Maybe it came with some raise in salary that Skerry wanted to start that season, not the next.

The contract extension he signed in Dec. 2017 had his contract ending after the 2024-25 season.ย However, because of the one-year extension that coaches got because of the COVID year, Skerry's contract was extended and will now end on April 6, 2026, after the 2025-26 season.ย 

Thanksย