• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

45 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Next season will be interesting depending on who stays. My projected rotation (assuming no CT, CP, RH, TC). Still need a veteran big transfer and would like to have a do-over at the power forward spot unless Tejada and Lowery bulk up and move up to the 4 spot.

C Transfer/Embeya

PF Sulaiman, Jones (if he stays), transfer if one of Jones or Sulaiman is not back

SF Watson/May, Tejada, Edefo

SG May/Tarke, Cole

PG Williamson, Lowery, hopefully a transfer

Lot of ifs (if Watson comes back; if certain guys don’t get poached) but, for the sake of argument, Watson, May, Tarke, Williamson, Lowery, Sulaiman, Tejada, Cole, and the two incoming freshmen (who both pass the eye test) + let’s say 1 or 2 decent to better than average portal guys, and we might have something. 

9 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Already talking about next year, in the 23-24 season thread?  CAA play is still a few days away. Sheesh 

What’s the harm? One eye on this season (which will be over in a little over 60 days) and one eye on the future. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of time to dissect this season and do what will likely be the inevitable postmortem 

On 12/31/2023 at 11:54 AM, TTiger2024 said:

Love da positivity !  And let’s be honest; really only need to serve up 3 or 4 shitburgers (unfortunately; it’s those that scream/cry da loudest) rest of us are amped for league play !   #2024🕺 

Amped up last night!

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Well if we all weren’t depressed after last night… the misery well never end

https://thetowerlight.com/pat-skerry-signed-contract-extension-in-april-2023-now-under-contract-until-2027/

I hate to say I told you so, but ….

We’re never going to be rid of him. I’ll bet you anything he’ll get another extension before this contract expires, for some nonsense like having the team that reads the most bedtime stories to local urchins 

• Haha 1

1. Why did the AD give this?  Last years team drastically didn’t meet expectations.

2. Why was this kept quiet for 9 months?!

Looks like we have pulled a Chris Davis with Seven Eigenbrot. Big swing and a miss.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

1. Why did the AD give this?  Last years team drastically didn’t meet expectations.

2. Why was this kept quiet for 9 months?!

Looks like we have pulled a Chris Davis with Seven Eigenbrot. Big swing and a miss.

I’m underwhelmed by Mr. Eigenbrot so far 

Wow this is some Tim Leonard shit! New AD comes in and gives an extension because it’s easier than finding a new coach