• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

These stats on DraftKings tell you everything you need to know. We gotta figure out how to score on free throws and within 10 feet of the basket. This is dreadful shooting 60% from the charity stripe

1AEAC455-8DF7-43D9-A5B9-D208F1C890C0.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

The prudent thing for him to have done would have been to have done nothing. It’s doubtful we were in jeopardy of Skerry leaving for another job. He was coming off yet another conference tournament where he failed to win more than one game (coming close vs C of C was still a fail; a close fail, but a fail nonetheless). He should have simply tabled any talk of an extension until after this season. And I don’t buy any argument that an extension was necessary to avoid Skerry being labeled a lame duck coach during recruiting. Maybe that’s an issue with high school recruits, but it doesn’t hold water when it comes to guys in the portal, who are short term rentals 

I would probably agree, but my point is I think the extension is meaningless like a lot of one-year extensions in college sports. The main question for everyone here is what standard will Skerry be held to. I don't think that one extra year is going to stop Eigonbrot from getting rid of Skerry if he isn't meeting the goals they are looking to achieve. Similarly, if he is meeting those goals Eigonbrot will probably keep him. The more relevant question is what is the standard, and what would make Eigonbort act if he feels we need to improve. 

As others have said on here the lack of sharing it publicly also isn't a great look. Multi-year extensions are worth freaking out about, but I think even Towson wouldn't let one extra year get in the way of needed change. That being said, because of the previous multi-year extension it seems like we are couple of years away from sorting out if the one year matters or not. 

I don't really care right now, but it will be worth talking about in March when the season is over. For now, I find what goes on the court more interesting to discuss. 

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

I would probably agree, but my point is I think the extension is meaningless like a lot of one-year extensions in college sports. The main question for everyone here is what standard will Skerry be held to. I don't think that one extra year is going to stop Eigonbrot from getting rid of Skerry if he isn't meeting the goals they are looking to achieve. Similarly, if he is meeting those goals Eigonbrot will probably keep him. The more relevant question is what is the standard, and what would make Eigonbort act if he feels we need to improve. 

As others have said on here the lack of sharing it publicly also isn't a great look. Multi-year extensions are worth freaking out about, but I think even Towson wouldn't let one extra year get in the way of needed change. That being said, because of the previous multi-year extension it seems like we are couple of years away from sorting out if the one year matters or not. 

I don't really care right now, but it will be worth talking about in March when the season is over. For now, I find what goes on the court more interesting to discuss. 

Not sure it’s “meaningless”. An extra year is one further away from the end. Because we all know they won’t eat two years let alone one 

31 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Not sure it’s “meaningless”. An extra year is one further away from the end. Because we all know they won’t eat two years let alone one 

That is fair. I think we would eat one if things got bad enough from Eigonbrot's standpoint (whatever that means, and I won't pretend to know). I meant it was meaningless, because I don't think that one year will stop us from doing anything. However, I guess that one year stacked on another year could so I get your point there. For now, I am more interested in what this season brings, but I do get why this is part of the overall conversation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blounge said:

These stats on DraftKings tell you everything you need to know. We gotta figure out how to score on free throws and within 10 feet of the basket. This is dreadful shooting 60% from the charity stripe

1AEAC455-8DF7-43D9-A5B9-D208F1C890C0.png

At least we are shooting .715 percent in two conference games (not great, but better). Unfortunately, our opponents are shooting .786 and have gotten to the line seven more times. I am guessing both those trends will probably change. 

Well for those who care and follow the nfl, looks like the next home game will be same times as ravens game.  Atleast there will be a built in excuse on why the attendance sucks 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Well for those who care and follow the nfl, looks like the next home game will be same times as ravens game.  Atleast there will be a built in excuse on why the attendance sucks 

If that’s the case, we should move our tipoff to either noon or 2pm

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If that’s the case, we should move our tipoff to either noon or 2pm

Agreed love me some noon basketball! Is Campbell any good?

1 minute ago, Blounge said:

Agreed love me some noon basketball! Is Campbell any good?

I hear they make a tasty soup. Some would say mm mm good!!

• Haha 1