• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

Alright so we all know that we got the shortest end of the stick as far as scheduling goes. (Not talking tv games)

But I looked deeper into it. Not only did we get preseason 1,2,5,&7 (we were 5/6) in a home and home, we also got number 4 away. Which means we got 8,9,10,12,13,14 once 

We have 3 Saturday home games (1 Monday tv game to take the place of a Saturday and that’s at 9pm the day after the Super Bowl) which means 5 away Saturday games which are obviously tougher with the short turnaround. Of those 3 Saturday home games, 2 of the times we were on the road the Thursday of and our opponents were much closer to Towson after their Thurs games than we were. 
On the contrary of our 5 road Saturday games, 4 of our 5 opponents were home on the Thursday before..

Really does suck that we got shafted again with the schedule. I guess being in the middle of the league makes it easier for them to send us wherever whenever 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I know this is a weird flex, but not only did we get the win but also won the attendance battle 

https://x.com/newyorkhoopsins/status/1750852810311143751?s=46&t=nScacl1TWT-KyOwj5stBaw

Helps when the big three in attendance are on the road.  But there isn’t a reason we shouldn’t average 2250. IF tomorrow goes well they need another marketing campaign for Thursday with the students back 

10 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Helps when the big three in attendance are on the road.  But there isn’t a reason we shouldn’t average 2250. IF tomorrow goes well they need another marketing campaign for Thursday with the students back 

I don’t care if those three teams are on the road and yes, we should be averaging over 2,000 people per game win or lose. Winning doesn’t hurt but if they lose to Delaware, does that mean they shouldn’t market the shit out of a team that has won 17 straight home games with the students back? 

14 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I don’t care if those three teams are on the road and yes, we should be averaging over 2,000 people per game win or lose. Winning doesn’t hurt but if they lose to Delaware, does that mean they shouldn’t market the shit out of a team that has won 17 straight home games with the students back? 

… 🥱   “Won the attendance battle”. Pointing out that’s easy to do when the only three teams the draw, were away.

Not saying they shouldn’t. It will be easier to and they would be more likely coming off a win. Faculty and staff should always get two free tickets to get asses in the seats.  

Not sure they are gonna go “all in” on two straight home games. Do they have shirts to give away or something else?  Im Sure they will try for something big on the 11th since it’s a tv game but a weird time.  And then for the last home game, Charleston, senior day. Autism awareness and tv.

42 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Alright so we all know that we got the shortest end of the stick as far as scheduling goes. (Not talking tv games)

But I looked deeper into it. Not only did we get preseason 1,2,5,&7 (we were 5/6) in a home and home, we also got number 4 away. Which means we got 8,9,10,12,13,14 once 

We have 3 Saturday home games (1 Monday tv game to take the place of a Saturday and that’s at 9pm the day after the Super Bowl) which means 5 away Saturday games which are obviously tougher with the short turnaround. Of those 3 Saturday home games, 2 of the times we were on the road the Thursday of and our opponents were much closer to Towson after their Thurs games than we were. 
On the contrary of our 5 road Saturday games, 4 of our 5 opponents were home on the Thursday before..

Really does suck that we got shafted again with the schedule. I guess being in the middle of the league makes it easier for them to send us wherever whenever 

(1) What, if any, role does the A.D. have in preemptively trying to avoid this before the schedule is made, or even bitching about it after it’s disseminated to the schools (which I assume is before it goes public) in an effort to get it adjusted? 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

(1) What, if any, role does the A.D. have in preemptively trying to avoid this before the schedule is made, or even bitching about it after it’s disseminated to the schools (which I assume is before it goes public) in an effort to get it adjusted? 

No idea. But I’m sure he wasn’t happy. I get them wanting Charleston uncw Towson Hofstra Delaware multiple times. But with a l million teams in the league now, scheduling is tougher. 
The travel for us just sucks. Seems like there’s major disadvantage but we are in the middle of the foot print. Years ago when we went to the Thursday sat format it was for better refs and travel partners.  That still cbs easily be done:

Campbell and uncw 

Elon and nc a&t

Hampton and WM

Towson and Delaware 

Monmouth and drexel

long island 2 

and then you have the two geographic ends that can figure it out or bye week