• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

13 minutes ago, Tiger93 said:

Agreed, my only point on Charleston is I thought we showed up and played a solid game against them in the tournament last year they were just better than us. It wasn't like 2022, where we were the best team and didn't really show up. I am not saying either one is better than the other, because at the end of the day we didn't accomplish our goals either year. My main point is everything is more wide open this year. I am not sure if that is better or worse, it is just the state of the conference this year. 

there was a 8-10 minute stretch of that game that we didn’t show up for 😂 but otherwise we outplayed them/even. 
It is wide open which makes it more difficult IMO. only takes one bad game when shots aren’t falling (and no one’s more familiar with than us!). The very unbalanced schedules will definitely throw a wrench in that

its realistically Charleston Drexel us Hofstra Delaware stony and Monmouth for 3 of the 4 byes. (I don’t see anyway baring injuries that UNCW doesn’t take a spot). The Monmouth stony brook game in 2 weeks could be a win and get a top 4. 

1 hour ago, TUTigers said:

Timberlake getting a lot of minutes against Baylor tonight. A few 3’s and a nice steal leading to a dunk. 

Had eight points and hit two 3s, but he was in at the end of the game (mainly due to McCullars' injury) and let's just say I doubt Self ever plays him again in crunch time. Missed FT, turnover, two messed up defensive assignments down the stretch almost cost them the game but Baylor couldn't take advantage. He also started which maybe gave him a little extra confidence. Thought he was decent until the end.

• Like 1

if Kansas has the time to let him be a volume shooter, run him around screens and not mind that he gets lost on D, he’s great!  The real winner this last year is UConn, by him saying now and “settling” for Spencer 

I said to my Kansas friend that it felt like after he hit those 2 3's in rhythm and got that breakaway dunk, he went into tilt mode that we'd see out of him many times.  The 3 he tried from the left wing that came up short when there was still plenty on the shot clock looked like he wanted to be the one to hit the kill shot.  But then when he should have shot it was when he had the turnover with 21 seconds left.  One more dribble and a floater or a long layup rather than trying to force it to Dickinson.  But what Self will rightfully kill him on was helping off a corner shooter.  That showed a giant lack of basketball IQ that an experienced player like Nick shouldn't ever do.  As some KU fan tweeted after the game, 'we see why Bill doesn't want to play him in big spots'.  

$4 on Amtrak from DC to Baltimore!!!!  Wow. 
That was an excellent extremely detailed read.  I’ve only been to the Arena once.  It is sweet. 
The SECU sign is still up..  set up a manlift rental and have Pat go up and take it down the day after we make the Big Dance 🪩 this season.  He can replace it with a tenporary sign that reads “NCAA Tournament 2024”