• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

Seeing what Kyle Smith has done with Washington State..  a school mind you left in the dust with respect to NIL funds and which is now demoted to the West Coast Conference the next 2 years..   Smith is gonna land the Ohio State job (Cleveland native)   He built the Aussie pipeline at Saint Mary’s and then single-handedly brought USF back to relevance.  
If I’m a program in the mix for a new coach and direction then I’m trying to pluck away one of his assistants.   They just beat Arizona for the second time and have a shot to win the Pac12 for the first time since the 40’s.  Crazy. 

• Like 1

Nick starting to play better with more minutes due to injuries and lack of depth at Kansas. In 33 minutes, had 13 points, 3 rebs, 2 assists in blowout win over Texas. Defense actually wasn't bad so Self played him a ton of minutes. He played in 10 minutes against Oklahoma and went scoreless when Kevin McCullar Jr. returned (also had 3 fouls). But in three of his previous four games, has played 33, 29 and 31 minutes and went 11 of 21 from the field and 5 of 14 from 3-point range.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/4397595/nicolas-timberlake

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/39592878

8 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I know I should be only thinking about James Taylor and Carolina this week but I can’t….  the Ides of March are coming….  how do we mentally prepare??!!

IMG_5391.png

Poorly

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I know I should be only thinking about James Taylor and Carolina this week but I can’t….  the Ides of March are coming….  how do we mentally prepare??!!

IMG_5391.png

..for next year 

• Haha 1

Umass is joining the MAC in all sports 2025-26, if when the A10 replaces them they will likely add the school on Meeting Street.. which is good and bad for us