• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

55 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I saw the video.  I support court storming 😃

The court storming resembled a Johnny U field storming after a win against Villanova 10+ years ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a small piece of schadenfreude last night when ODU lost in OT on the first day of their conference tournament to finish the season 7-25.  For any of the other old-schoolers besides Mat and I from the ollllllld CAAZone days, we took a beating from the ODU fanbase among others for how bad we were.  They're a good example that the grass isn't always greener as they've only been to 1 Tourney since they left CAA whereas they had been to 4 in the 9 years before leaving.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

There was a small piece of schadenfreude last night when ODU lost in OT on the first day of their conference tournament to finish the season 7-25.  For any of the other old-schoolers besides Mat and I from the ollllllld CAAZone days, we took a beating from the ODU fanbase among others for how bad we were.  They're a good example that the grass isn't always greener as they've only been to 1 Tourney since they left CAA whereas they had been to 4 in the 9 years before leaving.  

Ah yes, who could forget Haywood Jablomi. Shame what has  happened to them. Karma

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I’m sure they all know Romar not coming back.  Like rats fleeing the ship!  Who can’t recruit players to Malibu 😃

IMG_6137.png

Yeah, that was announced a couple days ago.  That Pepperdine-Pacific WCC opener will be the battle of the interim coaches.

26 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Yeah, that was announced a couple days ago.  That Pepperdine-Pacific WCC opener will be the battle of the interim coaches.

Stoudemire really suckered Georgia Tech after his stint with the Celtics.  He was awful in Stockton. And Romar bouncing back for a his second stint was another poor decision. 
WCC is the Zags & Gaels first tier then USF and Santa Clara second tier and then the rest is all 4th tier.  BYU left.  The conference is bad right now. 

51 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Stoudemire really suckered Georgia Tech after his stint with the Celtics.  He was awful in Stockton. And Romar bouncing back for a his second stint was another poor decision. 
WCC is the Zags & Gaels first tier then USF and Santa Clara second tier and then the rest is all 4th tier.  BYU left.  The conference is bad right now. 

They sure as hell know how to get their best teams into the dance with their 8 game (seems like it) bye in their tourney. 😆 

don’t they add the beavs and cougars next year? Washington state is gonna be the second team and only other team in the pac, besides Arizona, to make it.