• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General MBB 2023-24 thread

28 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Just listened.   Wasn’t clarified..  so did Watson have the ACL surgery done?  Mentioned he was on the court doing drills..  

I believe he did have the surgery. Skerry didn't rule out a return this season, but seems unlikely still. Even if he somehow does get healthy by Feb./March, which would six to seven months after surgery, I don't know how quickly he'd be able to get back in shape.

I'll keep an eye on it throughout the season though

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to introduce myself on this thread for people that don't know me.

I'm Jake Shindel, I've written for The Towerlight since my freshman year at Towson in fall 2020. I'm going to be the men's basketball beat reporter this year, so I'll be covering them at most of their home and some of their away games, as well as writing features, news and previews. Let me know if you guys have any questions you want me to explore, or anything else that warrants looking into.

Can't wait to cover what should be an unexpecting, hard-to-predict season

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tigerjake said:

I believe he did have the surgery. Skerry didn't rule out a return this season, but seems unlikely still. Even if he somehow does get healthy by Feb./March, which would six to seven months after surgery, I don't know how quickly he'd be able to get back in shape.

I'll keep an eye on it throughout the season though

I think it's a longshot and he did have the surgery shortly after returning from Canada in mid-August. He's a tremendous athlete and he's always working and shooting on the side, which is impressive coming off ACL surgery. It's tough to add a guy that late in the season to the rotation, especially one who would demand the ball as much as Watson. I think it depends on where the team is as much as where he is.

When I can't get out to practice as much as I'd like, I like to hear as many interviews and podcasts as possible. I've heard and conducted hundreds of interviews. I appreciate that PS does not give many BS answers and very little coachspeak. He's not going overboard about the freshmen, but he may need to play them more than just limited minutes this season. All three are pretty talented and I'm hearing Jaiden Cole is getting closer to returning full-time. At worst, he would add some three-point shooting. He needs to get the youngsters ready for, yes, Colorado on Nov. 6 and after two mid-major games, Houston on Nov. 16. That could be pretty scary, but hopefully, it will pay dividends in the end.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tigerjake said:

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to introduce myself on this thread for people that don't know me.

I'm Jake Shindel, I've written for The Towerlight since my freshman year at Towson in fall 2020. I'm going to be the men's basketball beat reporter this year, so I'll be covering them at most of their home and some of their away games, as well as writing features, news and previews. Let me know if you guys have any questions you want me to explore, or anything else that warrants looking into.

Can't wait to cover what should be an unexpecting, hard-to-predict season

Much appreciated and good job with that interview.  PS admitted he probably should have played Dylan after Gibby going down but of course they didn’t know it was gonna be season ending.  
Excited for basketball season and if this Tarke can play he could really be the X factor for this team!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I think it's a longshot and he did have the surgery shortly after returning from Canada in mid-August. He's a tremendous athlete and he's always working and shooting on the side, which is impressive coming off ACL surgery. It's tough to add a guy that late in the season to the rotation, especially one who would demand the ball as much as Watson. I think it depends on where the team is as much as where he is.

If anything, the real questions are probably will he stick around to play next season (24-25) and/or will the coaching staff want him back in 24-25?