• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Caleb Embeya commits

2 hours ago, BradTU said:

Nice find Brad. Good hands and feet. Needs strength and raw in post moves. A willing passer and even hit a 3. Will need about 20 pounds to come in and start. We will need one more big and a shooter in the portal next season assuming Chase Paar and Watson and/or Jones will not return for their last season.

13 minutes ago, BradTU said:

Good numbers against great competition.

Baltimore Catholic League is no bunch of slouches. I watched that video clip on my iPhone, so very small screen, but it looked he runs the floor well and finishes well around the basket. Obvious shot blocking skills and I think I even saw him knock down a few outside shots. On the surface, what’s there not to like?

Finished watching the entire highlight package. I don't remember watching a ton of highlights of CT, but Caleb is very impressive. I'm not sure we've had a faster big man other than Tunstall in recent memory. CE looks like has the frame to add maybe 10-15 pounds in his first season. Then he'll be a true center who can step out a bit on the perimeter but can also handle the rock and dish it. One of the more exciting big man prospects in recent memory and he hasn't even played his senior season yet. I also like Tyler Tejada (6-8, 220), but he has a ways to go on the defensive end. He's currently a backup 3, but I don't know if he can defend wings. I think he'll need to put up on about 10 pounds and play as a stretch 4.

But sure, it's early. Not sure who will be here next season, but we know there is a need to get bigger and longer up front continues. More athletic, more skilled. That's where the game is going. Would like a taller 4-man as well (at least 6-7). 

• Like 2

Sounds like a nice get, but in this day and age, let me know when he is on campus next summer before I get too excited.  Not a shot at him it is just the way of college sports now a days.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Sounds like a nice get, but in this day and age, let me know when he is on campus next summer before I get too excited.  Not a shot at him it is just the way of college sports now a days.

Exactly