• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Towson shocks No. 14/17 UNH 54-51 in overtime

I’m glad that people are recognizing the Kent performance. It was the best QB game IMO since Tom Flacco. I know that’s not saying much after the last two QBs but he was very accurate and got rid of the ball on time, When he could not find anyone open, he threw it away.

But the passing game was set up by the run, I think we’ve found our identity on offense yesterday, because there was none in the first four games. That’s running the football to set up play action. We have a huge Oline for FCS standards and even they were good pass blocking yesterday and have been okay all season, they love to run block. They were dominant yesterday. Other teams can load the box but then Perkins, London, Thompson and Runyon will be single covered (DJ James if he’s healthy). Kent seemed to gain a lot of confidence in his receivers after this game.

I didn’t see a lot of camp but I think this what they expected of him and I did see him make all the throws. That didn’t really translate to the regular season. Hopefully he learned from those four games and it certainly seemed like yesterday, But so did OC Sheppard with a lot of QB draws and some creative stuff. 

What a win. I’ll admit that somewhere in the second half I had my mind made up that the game was over. Very glad to look foolish on that. Impressive performance from the offense, with Kent in particular deserving a lot of praise. I’m not going to expect this every week, but damn does it feel good right now. I’m officially trusting the process.