• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA Media Day Thread

story about the 1-31 season was actually funny and ridiculous. Also noticed that Laura Harper didn't do the interview for the womens team. 

1 minute ago, sr16 said:

story about the 1-31 season was actually funny and ridiculous. Also noticed that Laura Harper didn't do the interview for the womens team. 

She is on suspension so associate coach Christie Rogers is coaching the team for about one more month.

Ugh what’s it going to take to stop talking about the 1-31 shit?  Winning the conference?  That’s a ways, away I fear.

It was 12 years years ago. Not the same program as then 

9 hours ago, mat1992 said:

She is on suspension so associate coach Christie Rogers is coaching the team for about one more month.

I met coach KJ who played at Duke she’s awesome. Team is gonna be good at shooting with her help

On 10/20/2023 at 9:25 AM, TuTigers2012 said:

Ugh what’s it going to take to stop talking about the 1-31 shit?  Winning the conference?  That’s a ways, away I fear.

It was 12 years years ago. Not the same program as then 

I think the point you’re missing is that everyone in the country knows what a train wreck the program was in when he took over. He’s made us competitive to the point that a preseason ranking of 5th is a disappointment.  We all know it’s about the tournament and winning there but many people in college basketball still value winning regular season games and the development of the program. We also know you don’t and that’s fine 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, griggey20 said:

I think the point you’re missing is that everyone in the country knows what a train wreck the program was in when he took over. He’s made us competitive to the point that a preseason ranking of 5th is a disappointment.  We all know it’s about the tournament and winning there but many people in college basketball still value winning regular season games and the development of the program. We also know you don’t and that’s fine 

Yes and that was a decade ago. Other programs have had futility as well, but it’s not mentioned nonstop like with ours. Just pointing that out. It’s a gripe and hopefully we can be known for something else soon 

he has won a decent amount of regular season games, 181 of them and also lost a decent amount, 154

Pre season rankings mean nothing

Wins and losses during the season don't really mean anything either

Just gotta be battle tested and hope for a favorable matchup in March

We should seriously consider strategic tanking towards the end of the year if it helps us avoid a heavy weight like CofC, Hofstra, Udel

Need a bit of luck and getting hot at the right time in March

Pat get the team in a sauna every day to teach them about getting hot 🔥

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Yes and that was a decade ago. Other programs have had futility as well, but it’s not mentioned nonstop like with ours. Just pointing that out. It’s a gripe and hopefully we can be known for something else soon 

he has won a decent amount of regular season games, 181 of them and also lost a decent amount, 154

Sorry if I trust Jeff Goodman’s opinion about basketball more than yours. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, griggey20 said:

Sorry if I trust Jeff Goodman’s opinion about basketball more than yours. 

I guess saying, I wish the media would stop harping on something that happened over a decade ago, is an opinion. 
otherwise everything else stated is just facts!