• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Well, at least the 2nd half was a tie

Positives today ….NONE. Well, actually, I was able to zip out of my parking spot at the end of the game without encountering any traffic.

I’m admittedly not good at estimating crowds, but there couldn’t have been more than maybe 200 students at the game. If they wouldn’t come out in this glorious weather today, I’m not sure they’re ever going to come out.

Can someone please explain to me why, down 48-3, we kicked a FG. Was it because we only needed 14 more FG’s at that point to tie the game?

Our backup QB must be really, really bad at football, if they wouldn’t even put him in at the end of the game today

Last year we lost to DE 24-10. How did the talent gap between us & them widen in such a short time to the degree it manifested itself today? Let’s face it, they could have scored 70+ today if they had wanted to 

First season honeymoon is about to be over in a few weeks. This staff damn sure better bring in a boatload of talent (not just a bunch of slappies to fill up the roster) in the offseason, starting at QB

Burn the film from today. Especially, the clown-like inability to pick up the ball (or at least fall on it) on the pooch kick in the first half 

I feel fortunate I got to watch Joe Montana in his prime today. Oh wait, being told that was just the DE QB (was this kid even their starter?). He started the game 16-16, before finally throwing an incomplete pass late in the 1st half. If they had wanted to thoroughly embarrass us (rather than merely embarrassing us) that kid might have shattered some NCAA records today

Did I mention burn the film from today?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Positives today ….NONE. Well, actually, I was able to zip out of my parking spot at the end of the game without encountering any traffic.

I’m admittedly not good at estimating crowds, but there couldn’t have been more than maybe 200 students at the game. If they wouldn’t come out in this glorious weather today, I’m not sure they’re ever going to come out.

Can someone please explain to me why, down 48-3, we kicked a FG. Was it because we only needed 14 more FG’s at that point to tie the game?

Our backup QB must be really, really bad at football, if they wouldn’t even put him in at the end of the game today

Last year we lost to DE 24-10. How did the talent gap between us & them widen in such a short time to the degree it manifested itself today? Let’s face it, they could have scored 70+ today if they had wanted to 

First season honeymoon is about to be over in a few weeks. This staff damn sure better bring in a boatload of talent (not just a bunch of slappies to fill up the roster) in the offseason, starting at QB

Burn the film from today. Especially, the clown-like inability to pick up the ball (or at least fall on it) on the pooch kick in the first half 

I feel fortunate I got to watch Joe Montana in his prime today. Oh wait, being told that was just the DE QB (was this kid even their starter?). He started the game 16-16, before finally throwing an incomplete pass late in the 1st half. If they had wanted to thoroughly embarrass us (rather than merely embarrassing us) that kid might have shattered some NCAA records today

Did I mention burn the film from today?

Horrible student attendance for a horrible performance. Around 4,300 was the announced attendance and guessing there were close to 1,000 Hens' fans. Now I heard the excuse was Halloween weekend. More like we sucked and went 0-3 at home so I don't care what they did on the road. As long as we are bad to mediocre, I don't really care about the crowds anymore. IF we start winning and nobody shows up, then I think it will never work until we build some dorms near the athletic complex.

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

Horrible student attendance for a horrible performance. Around 4,300 was the announced attendance and guessing there were close to 1,000 Hens' fans. Now I heard the excuse was Halloween weekend. More like we sucked and went 0-3 at home so I don't care what they did on the road. As long as we are bad to mediocre, I don't really care about the crowds anymore. IF we start winning and nobody shows up, then I think it will never work until we build some dorms near the athletic complex.

Horrible attendance. End your statement there.  If we win AND play exciting, w can average 6,500-8,500. Those are huge ifs.

Delaware brings 1000 but we can’t get 1500 common fans?!  What’s the excuse there then?  It’s not on the students. Maryland, and the Baltimore area, isn’t a great sports area. Especially for college sports. Alums don’t show up or care, and with 3 non west winning seasons over the last 20 years can you blame them?!

strongly disagree.  The dorms could be on the 35 yard line and students wouldn’t give a rats ass or show. Currently ~80% of dorms and 2 large student apartment complexes are within 10 minute walk. 

My first game since the Elon debacle almost 4 years ago and I thought I wouldn’t leave that stadium more disappointed than that day. Boy was I mistaken. 

Rob Ambrose must be sick to his stomach after witnessing that. Getting absolutely shit pumped by Delaware in front of a crowd that resembled fedex field but instead of eagles fans it was hens fans. The most beautiful day of the year was much better spent uptown or at a frat house than at the stadium yesterday for the college kids 

• Confused 1