• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Football comes back to beat URI 31-30

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

“We have the best FCS town in the country and best campus.“ that’s actually not a bad take name one better fcs town? 

Hey, I’m a proud TU (well, TSU, but the same thing) grad, but let’s deal in reality here. I get Shinnick’s puffery, but no objective analysis would have us as the best FCS town in the country (I’ll defer on best campus). For one, Williamsburg (W&M) is a far better FCS town. Towson is a community. I don’t even consider it a town. To me, a town is incorporated-it has a mayor, a police department, a Main Street/town square. I’m sure there are other FCS schools that have more of a college town atmosphere. Whether or not we’re the best FCS town in the country, (a laughable proposition really) I’d be more than happy to be the best FCS football team in the country. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Cinci and Ndsu are both losses.

Granted, it’s extremely early to be making 2024 predictions, but you’re right. Barring something miraculous, we have 2 automatic L’s on the 24 schedule. That means to make the playoffs, we’d have to go 7-2, if not 8-1, in the rest of the games. It’s unfair to Shinnick that he’s saddled with an OOC schedule made by the former athletic director, but it is what it is. 

56 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Hey, I’m a proud TU (well, TSU, but the same thing) grad, but let’s deal in reality here. I get Shinnick’s puffery, but no objective analysis would have us as the best FCS town in the country (I’ll defer on best campus). For one, Williamsburg (W&M) is a far better FCS town. Towson is a community. I don’t even consider it a town. To me, a town is incorporated-it has a mayor, a police department, a Main Street/town square. I’m sure there are other FCS schools that have more of a college town atmosphere. Whether or not we’re the best FCS town in the country, (a laughable proposition really) I’d be more than happy to be the best FCS football team in the country. 

Newark. Missoula. Bozeman. Fargo. Williamsburg. Just to name a few lol

51 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Granted, it’s extremely early to be making 2024 predictions, but you’re right. Barring something miraculous, we have 2 automatic L’s on the 24 schedule. That means to make the playoffs, we’d have to go 7-2, if not 8-1, in the rest of the games. It’s unfair to Shinnick that he’s saddled with an OOC schedule made by the former athletic director, but it is what it is. 

12 game schedule next year. So 8 wins likely gets in. Del and Nova is atleast 1 loss so it’ll be tough 

26 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Newark. Missoula. Bozeman. Fargo. Williamsburg. Just to name a few

This is laughable. You would really rather spend your weekends in FARGO NORTH DAKOTA or BOZEMAN MONTANA instead of Towson/Baltimore? Go move there then if it’s a much more attractive destination

COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG? With the old people dressed like Alexander Hamilton booping around? Is that a cool place where you want to hang out and go to college?

Newark, Delaware cluck you for saying such a lie with a shit eating grin on your face. I have several UD grad friends that moved to federal hill after college because why tf would you want to live next to the Purdue chicken nugget factory when instead you could be living walking distance from the ravens/orioles games? 

PS idk where Missoula is so it can't be better than uptown

anyone else want to argue a better fcs college town/community than Towson? 

I can't speak to Missoula, Newark or Fargo but I have been to Bozeman a couple of times and have been on campus and in its defense, it' a pretty cool town.  Now, 7 months out of the year it's brutal weather and depending on your politics it's not everyone's cup-of-tea, but if you're into the outdoorsy lifestyle, it's hard to beat.  Plus, the community does support the school's teams very strongly, because they're the only show in town.......besides Professional Bull Riding.

12 minutes ago, Blounge said:

This is laughable. You would really rather spend your weekends in FARGO NORTH DAKOTA or BOZEMAN MONTANA instead of Towson/Baltimore? Go move there then if it’s a much more attractive destination

COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG? With the old people dressed like Alexander Hamilton booping around? Is that a cool place where you want to hang out and go to college?

Newark, Delaware cluck you for saying such a lie with a shit eating grin on your face. I have several UD grad friends that moved to federal hill after college because why tf would you want to live next to the Purdue chicken nugget factory when instead you could be living walking distance from the ravens/orioles games? 

PS idk where Missoula is so it can't be better than uptown

anyone else want to argue a better fcs college town/community than Towson? 

Lmfao what?!  Better COLLEGE TOWN not better place to live. All of those are much better than Towson. There’s zero community or support here for the university.  That shows with the attendance numbers.  

Towsons campus is dead on weekends as it’s a commuter school and most go home to mommy and daddy after classes on Thursday. when fed hill get a county zip code?  Towson is a large suburb with a university, not really a college town. 

The question was "what is a better town?" And you proceeded to moan about attendance numbers and fan support. 

You live in Towson and you wanna whine and complain that it's a bad place?

I forgot who I was arguing with, sorry 

Fcs town.  Yeah I’ll stick with my statement.  Add in campus and it’s not even close. 

is the question, is there a semi large city close to town? That seems to be what you’re hinting at.

Something Towson is good at, or should be, a debate team. We got some on here that will till you the sky is green and grass is blue, & believe it.