• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

May scores 27 to lead MBB over UMass 81-71

9 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

PS in his last Spiro report wanted Loyola on the schedule to make it a true Charm City Classic.  Maybe next season?  
No trophy.  Winners get a crab dinner!

We should be playing Loyola.  It seems that the Hounds are either too good to schedule us or they're scared.  I'd like to think it's the latter.  I know that the caliber of basketball in Baltimore isn't what it is in Philly but there has to be some sort of benefit to all of us playing against each other.  Sure, our stature is a bit above the others (even with that UMBC 16 seed win) and losing to one of them would be a big knock but those are the chances you have to take.  Villanova finishing 6th in the Big 5 this year (giggle) is shameful for them but they'll learn from those losses -- unless they can't figure out how to play against a zone.  Plus, these are also built-in home game opportunities.  The more effective way to get decent home games would be to get as much locality in the schedule as possible -- Navy, Mason, VCU, Richmond, Philly schools.  I know we shoot for the stars with a WVU, Pitt, or our white whale Twerps to get them into (checks notes for name change) TU Arena but being able to get into these home-and-home contracts with the likes of UMASS is a good start.

• Like 3

Yeah we have discussed in the past creating a Big 5 like schedule for Baltimore. I forgot about Navy.  
When I think of Loyola I think about Alonzo’s Burgers and the goal post from the 58’ game.  
I miss Towson and Baltimore so much.  What a special place to attend college. 

26 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

This Umass message board thread is pretty funny.  Someone actually commented that if they got rid of Martin they should hire Skerry.  Hope that person is enjoying whatever they were drinking!

https://www.umasshoops.com/newboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17051&start=90&sid=5f456e7a4016ade07b53277917afeee9

He’s a proven winner and 6 games into his second year… lol.  Umass isn’t 90s Umass. Since Cal left they are 28 games over 500…

• Haha 1