• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

When is enough, enough?

2 hours ago, AtlantaTiger said:

What honestly concerns me at this point is the idea that we somehow accidently stumble into the NCAA Tournament in one of these last remaining contract years with Skerry........and Towson hands him yet another multi-year contract.  I believe that one NCAA appearance, at this point under Skerry, would almost be too little too late.  One tourney appearance every 13-15 years under one coach shouldn't be good enough, even if that were to happen by some miracle. We need to raise the standard for success.

Unless every other team in the league becomes ineligible or comes down the with measles a la the original mighty ducks, I don’t think we need to worry about that

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

We aren’t funded or have resources that other schools have. Or so that’s told to us by the excuse markers here.

Agree with you on it  nothing says you can’t do both!

Wish he and the football coach moved on after this initial slight success. That’s the natural progression. How many coaches stick around at mid majors especially for over a decade?! Not a lot. They either win and move on, or get canned 

Yep, we’re in this weird twilight with Skerry. He’s immune from being fired, yet not good enough to get poached by a bigger program 

6 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Can we sway Luke Murray away from Louisville?

Sons of great coaches doesn’t work..  what is Mark Prosser doing at Winthrop?  He’s been so so after one great season to start!

No to Murray. He’s at UConn by the way.

Prosser is 40-32 and 25-10 in 2.5 years at Winthrop. Also has made it to a conf championship game unlike Skerry.   It was between there and Towson, for basketball sanity I made the wrong choice 

• Like 1

you didn't waste anytime bringing this thread back. Bad loss. Nothing really to say. 3 point shooting was terrible. 

Great fight to come back today, just short in a hostile environment. If can steal one of last four, that's another great season and top 6 seed! Give the boys and staff credit and great turnaround, no expectations this year after Watson went down. Remember where we were 20 years ago???

1 minute ago, Royal Tiger said:

Great fight to come back today, just short in a hostile environment. If can steal one of last four, that's another great season and top 6 seed! Give the boys and staff credit and great turnaround, no expectations this year after Watson went down. Remember where we were 20 years ago???

I will also say that I thought this season was over before it started. these games happen. Need to finish the year strong. 

1 minute ago, sr16 said:

I will also say that I thought this season was over before it started. these games happen. Need to finish the year strong. 

Hampton was 3-23 and hadn’t won at home all year.  Their best player didn’t play half the game.  So what are you saying? This can’t happen. Sorry

-Mid Atlantic Christian

-FGCU

-VA-Lynchburg

-Mary Baldwin

-Howard

-*TOWSON*

All of Hampton’s wins this season.

An absolutely UNACCEPTABLE loss. No way to spin it. No credit for clawing back into the game. Unacceptable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

-Mid Atlantic Christian

-FGCU

-VA-Lynchburg

-Mary Baldwin

-Howard

-*TOWSON*

All of Hampton’s wins this season.

An absolutely UNACCEPTABLE loss. No way to spin it. No credit for clawing back into the game. Unacceptable.

Infuriating. Arguably one of the worst losses in the Skerry era 

• Haha 1