• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

CAA Men's Basketball Thread

16 minutes ago, Blounge said:

Should we get rid of football and double down on basketball?

Just sharing a fact.   Non football schools have much more success than football schools.  Top 4 seeds this year fit that bill

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Just sharing a fact.   Non football schools have much more success than football schools.  Top 4 seeds this year fit that bill

I just wonder if this isn’t an oversimplification. There have been recent seasons we’ve been in the top 4; W&M had some very good teams under their previous coach; JMU, before they left, had some good teams. Maybe the reason the non-football schools do so well in basketball is attributable to superior recruiting and in-game coaching. 

Cal Poly, Pepperdine, DePaul and Pacific, among others, will all be looking for new head coaches for the 24-25 season….any chance one of them (God willing) takes an interest in Pat Skerry? 

Have to give the guy credit, he knows how to take a dismal program and get it to a respectable level. He just doesn’t know how to take it from respectable to great. 

Just now, AtlantaTiger said:

Cal Poly, Pepperdine, DePaul and Pacific, among others, will all be looking for new head coaches for the 24-25 season….any chance one of them (God willing) takes an interest in Pat Skerry? 

Have to give the guy credit, he knows how to take a dismal program and get it to a respectable level. He just doesn’t know how to take it from respectable to great. 

None of those schools. It would have to be a lower tier D1 team, preferably in New England. For instance, I was hoping last season that Holy Cross would make a run at Skerry. No such luck 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I just wonder if this isn’t an oversimplification. There have been recent seasons we’ve been in the top 4; W&M had some very good teams under their previous coach; JMU, before they left, had some good teams. Maybe the reason the non-football schools do so well in basketball is attributable to superior recruiting and in-game coaching. 

That’s could be. But likely having the money, resources and fans to be successful in one big sport, rather than putting a few eggs in many baskets. How do they get superior recurring and better coaching???

“Some good teams”. 

6 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

A coach who rebuilt DePaul came to Towson and burned it to the ground gets replaced by a  Towson coach who tries to go to DePaul and rebuild?! 😂   Circle of life 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

A coach who rebuilt DePaul came to Towson and burned it to the ground gets replaced by a  Towson coach who tries to go to DePaul and rebuild?! 😂   Circle of life 

That would be poetic, wouldn’t it!?

Also, I’m thinking our neighbors down the street at Loyola might be in the market for a new coach sooner than later….maybe they like what they’ve seen from PS over the years? 

4 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

That would be poetic, wouldn’t it!?

Also, I’m thinking our neighbors down the street at Loyola might be in the market for a new coach sooner than later….maybe they like what they’ve seen from PS over the years? 

Patsos does....ex Greyhound guy

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

That’s could be. But likely having the money, resources and fans to be successful in one big sport, rather than putting a few eggs in many baskets. How do they get superior recurring and better coaching???

“Some good teams”. 

It’s a “which came first, the chicken 🐓 or the egg 🥚 “ debate. As I’ve said before, personally I’d be bitterly disappointed if we ever dropped football, which I doubt is going to happen in any event. I will say this though;  our new president comes from George Mason, which has no football program. It would be interesting to get him off the record, to see if he feels that ultimately we’d be better served by concentrating more on basketball over football 

14 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

None of those schools. It would have to be a lower tier D1 team, preferably in New England. For instance, I was hoping last season that Holy Cross would make a run at Skerry. No such luck 

As luck might have it, I think I have a winning scenario for us! 

Dartmouth!! Dartmouth is a basketball graveyard in the Ivy. If they can just go ahead and sack David McLaughlin it opens up an absolutely fantastic opportunity for Coach Skerry to get back to New England and to a prestigious university. He gets them to respectability, we get a new coach…..it’s a win-win-win scenario!!