• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Tejada leads MBB over Elon 80-55

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Agreed. For a rainy weeknight, with a Central Standard Time tipoff, it wasn’t bad. And the more students present does amp up the atmosphere. Only 2 home games left. I assume the finale, on a Saturday afternoon vs C of C, will be a big crowd. I hope we can get a good crowd on Thursday 2/22, vs Monmouth 

In Maryland, we have 100 excuses: light rain, heavy rain, light snow, hail, too windy, traffic, no-name opponent, it's too late, can't go it's Thursday, team lost last game, etc. The rain was very light last night. There was no traffic. But I get that people have to get up early the next day. That's a legit excuse and it's Elon.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

In Maryland, we have 100 excuses:

You forgot aliens 👽 landed on Osler Drive, and blocked all access to the arena 

• Haha 1

I shouldn't look ahead, but I'm always doing it so:

(assuming Jones and Paar graduate and move on, Hicks has to retire and TC is gone. Yes, Tejada and/or May could leave as well)

PG Tarke or Williamson, Jaiden Cole

SG Watson or Tarke

SF May, Tejada, Lowery, Chike Ndefu (6-7, 200)

PF Sulaiman 

C Caleb Embeya (6-9, 220)

I know, that's 10, which leaves three transfer spots. That's based on speculation and who knows if we keep all our freshmen from this season. Tarke and Watson together would be interesting. As good as Embeya might be with his length and offensive ability, would desperately need an experienced big man with some bulk (at least 6-8, 240ish). 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Not staying in the same hotel the entire trip. After Thursday, going to a hotel in Norfolk. 

Interesting 

49 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

BTW, we piss on marketing all the time but kudos to Steve, Mike and all the marketing people for getting people out there last night, especially the students with the free pancakes. I know 2,100 isn't huge and that was probably paid, but the environment was really good despite a terrible start. More students means more excitement. I understand that people have to get up early the next day and so the non-student crowd for a 9:10 tip wasn't great to be kind.

Criticism for marketing in the past was 100% warranted. They have done a very good job this year. 

• Like 1

Also, I guess depending on what happens at the trial, it's a longshot that Ryan Conway returns. 

BTW, when I look at recruits now, I check out their offers. If they have very few if any then I'm cynical about them. Jason Gibson was one of the few who had just 1 or 2 low major offers and turned out pretty good.

Ndefu
UMBC
Fairfield
Siena
Iona
Drexel
Manhattan
Mount St. Mary's
Stony Brook

Ebeya

Seton Hall
Mount

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Interesting 

Criticism for marketing in the past was 100% warranted. They have done a very good job this year. 

That's your opinion. They should be praised when things turn out well as much as we hammer them.

24 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

That's your opinion. They should be praised when things turn out well as much as we hammer them.

Mhmm. That’s an opinion shared by 98% on here. So.  
AGAIN they have done a VERY GOOD job this year. 
Next, they need to work on the gameday experience , which has gotten a bit better this year but there’s a ton of work to do

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Also, I guess depending on what happens at the trial, it's a longshot that Ryan Conway returns. 

BTW, when I look at recruits now, I check out their offers. If they have very few if any then I'm cynical about them. Jason Gibson was one of the few who had just 1 or 2 low major offers and turned out pretty good.

Ndefu
UMBC
Fairfield
Siena
Iona
Drexel
Manhattan
Mount St. Mary's
Stony Brook

Ebeya

Seton Hall
Mount

I’m assuming Ebeya would have had more offers, had he not chosen to commit to us before his senior year, which I believe is going quite well for him 

58 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m assuming Ebeya would have had more offers, had he not chosen to commit to us before his senior year, which I believe is going quite well for him 

That’s according to Verbal Conmits. 247 had some bigger schools involved but no other big offer according to them.