• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Tejada leads MBB over Elon 80-55

Good win and the good for the culture with pancakes and pajamas. I saw the swim team dropped their pajama pants and danced in Speedos to force two missed free throws. Dancing TU sharks(tarke’s sharks) the president flipping pancakes, and a national TV dub. The students are showing up and the brand is building! In Eigenbrot we trust! 

https://x.com/jakeshindel/status/1757247187761701092?s=46&t=_ArGClX3XZ7EdROrGIJtmw

https://x.com/steveeig/status/1757268526811820126?s=46&t=_ArGClX3XZ7EdROrGIJtmw

• Like 2

A necessary win. I thought CT dominated inside against a team with little or no inside presence. Sulaiman had a good game as well, as did Tejada, who provided much needed scoring. The good Tarke showed up last night, so maybe benching him sent a message that got through. The same can’t be said for the benching of May, who responded with mere 8 points, on 2-8 shooting I believe.

Third straight slow start at home, which is alarming. We had what, 12-14 points at the halfway point of the first half. You can get away with that against the Elon’s of the world, but not against good teams (see Delaware game). 

Can’t complain about 8-4 in the conference, but we’ve got to sweep this upcoming 2 game road swing (W&M & Hampton) to stay in contention for a top 4 finish 

• Like 1

I posted Good, Bad and Ugly last night and it didn't post for some reason. It reminded me of the Mount St. Mary's Lax game on Saturday where a 15-5 win was to be expected. Not a pretty win because the shooting wasn't great. But a necessary win 

Good

*Tarke bounced back coming off the bench. Six of nine shooting. His corner three from the right side looked good. Corner threes are a bit easier than the long threes he takes from the top of the key.

*I thought Tejada should have been benched and it really isn't a huge thing since subs are coming at 18:00. But he was outstanding tonight. Shot 6 of 12 from the field.

*Rebounding +14. No shocker. Anything in the single digits would have been disappointing. This was a soft and undersized team we should have dominated on the boards.

Bad

*Not sure the lineup change worked. Dylan struggled going 2 for 7 though he did have four assists. There's nobody I enjoy more than DWill in transition.

*May's struggles continue. He was 2 for 8 from the three-point line and never took a shot inside the arc (2-2 FT). Benching him for Lowery might be the right move, but he didn't respond well from it.

*Lowery's passing (5 assists). There was one dime to Paar on a bounce pass for a layup that was as good a pass to a big that you'll see. 

Ugly

*Horrific shooting against the zone from the beginning. Didn't score a basket until 13:50 into the game against the zone, not counting the transition basket by Tarke. They got better as the game went along with passing the ball into the paint around the FT line and kiciking it out to an open shooter.

*Lowery's FT shooting (0-4). He really missed five because there was a lane violation. More later.

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

A necessary win. I thought CT dominated inside against a team with little or no inside presence. Sulaiman had a good game as well, as did Tejada, who provided much needed scoring. The good Tarke showed up last night, so maybe benching him sent a message that got through. The same can’t be said for the benching of May, who responded with mere 8 points, on 2-8 shooting I believe.

Third straight slow start at home, which is alarming. We had what, 12-14 points at the halfway point of the first half. You can get away with that against the Elon’s of the world, but not against good teams (see Delaware game). 

Can’t complain about 8-4 in the conference, but we’ve got to sweep this upcoming 2 game road swing (W&M & Hampton) to stay in contention for a top 4 finish 

Exactly. Only thing I’ll say about tarke is, I enjoy him driving to the hoop to score or pass much more than the flat footed threes. These are the type of games we need from Charles against smaller teams. I have a feeling we are going to get Tejada or May or Williamson in a game not two or all three.    

If we start off slow at home in either of the last two games we will get boat-raced.  Im Sure Pat will run out the same lineup until we lose a game. I just would like a lowery, tarke, Suliman/May/Tejada pair and Charles lineup. Think that to start could set the tone defensively. 

Both games this week are big, and of course we are coming off short rest for Thursday. Good news is they can stay in their hotel wed night through Saturday with no travel in between. Road is tough..

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Exactly. Only thing I’ll say about tarke is, I enjoy him driving to the hoop to score or pass much more than the flat footed threes. These are the type of games we need from Charles against smaller teams. I have a feeling we are going to get Tejada or May or Williamson in a game not two or all three.    

If we start off slow at home in either of the last two games we will get boat-raced.  Im Sure Pat will run out the same lineup until we lose a game. I just would like a lowery, tarke, Suliman/May/Tejada pair and Charles lineup. Think that to start could set the tone defensively. 

Both games this week are big, and of course we are coming off short rest for Thursday. Good news is they can stay in their hotel wed night through Saturday with no travel in between. Road is tough..

Pat might run the same lineup but that’s not what he said last night when I asked him about the lineup change. He was hesitant to say whether he’d go back to it,

The swimmers shedding their clothes behind the basket wa great as was Tomiwa slapping air high fives at the free throw line with nobody underneath 

• Like 1

Once they figured out how to handle a zone after the first 8 minutes, things ran a lot more smoothly.  But that hints at a bigger problem in either a lack of prep or we STILL don't have a lineup that we can start and get out of the gates.  This is wayyyy too many games in conference with slow starts and now it's almost more expected that it happens rather than a quick start to put confidence into everyone.  

I think I'd go back and find May's best couple of games from this year as well as the breakout games he had last year and show them to him to help him remember what he's good at and maybe that gets him going.  If the first couple of shots don't go down, he goes into a funk.  Unfortunately, his game lately has been more of the hang around the perimeter and hope a shot drops rather than any sort of progression toward the basket.  And they only run that give and go handoff with CT once per game and sometimes the handoff doesn't come.  They really need him to find his game again and quickly.

Shooting around 62% in the second half on threes, drives, post up, floaters. Whatever it takes but even against a zone, we just can't rely on three-pointers. Pat did the right thing by starting Dylan to boost the team's energy some, but he's not just a walk-it-up point guard. Unlike NE and Delaware, where I thought we had no energy to start the game, I thought this was more about the zone that frustrated them. But there's also a lack of confidence coming off those two losses, especially after the last two games. May needs to move around more than just stand around the perimeter.